Thoroughly enjoyed the stay here. Starting with a canoe trip to make it from the drop off to the lodge you get to see the wetlands straight away. The rooms are huts set in the jungle and you can hear the crabs in the mud around the room, monkeys in the trees and on the rooftop, sloths and plenty of birds. Also enjoy a cocktail on the deck over the river. Three days was just enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The area of Tortuguero is rightfully called The Amazon of Costa Rica because access is only by boat on Jungle Rivers. Turtle Beach Lodge, 5 miles north of the town of Tortuguero, is a secluded resort spanning 175 acres with miles of jungle trails, a meandering private canal, and a half mile of beach adjoining still more isolated beaches. The lodge accommodates approximately 80 guests; assisted by a well trained staff and guides who ease you into an exciting jungle experience. Stay in the beautifully landscaped cabinas, swim in our turtle shaped pool, relax in the adjacent shady hammock hut with food and drink from the restaurant and bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Turtle Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Tortuguero
- Turtle Beach Lodge Costa Rica/Tortuguero