We stayed at this lodge on a recent visit to Costa Rica and had an amazing time. The staff was attentive and always available for questions and conversation. We chose to upgrade our bungalow to what is called superior/standard. This meant that it was a separate lodging, affording more privacy since there was no adjoining apartment.
The Lodge is beautiful and located in between the canals of Tortuguero and the Carribean, so you can walk right into town if you want to. No swimming in this area, but lots of water. We weren't there during turtle nesting time (which we knew), but the area is so fascinating. Loads of birds and monkeys, caimans and other wildlife abound in this part of Costa Rica.
We enjoyed great service....meals were served buffet style and were very tasty. Both alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages were available at very reasonable prices. If you're not expecting luxury accommodations, you will be very comfortable here.
We highly recommend this vacation spot to couples, families, and solo travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heartland of the lush rainforest of Tortuguero Canals, Costa Rica, Mawamba Lodge and Tortuguero National Park are worth visiting year round. What makes us different? *Unbeatable location on a strip of land between the Tortuguero Canals and the Caribbean Ocean, providing direct access to both * The closest Lodge to Tortuguero town within walking distance (no need to take boats to town) * Free WI FI in selected areas of the hotel * Complimentary safety deposit box in your room * Unlimited free visits to our MAWAMBA PARK: where we offer two butterfly gardens, one iguana and one frog garden. A guided visit is also included in our 3 day / 2 night package * Private nature trais for nature walks * Exciting optional tours including night walks in the forest, kayaking, fishing and the NEW! Katonga floating restaurant for sunset tours or dinners / lunches on board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mawamba Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mawamba Lodge Tortuguero Hotel Tortuguero
- Mawamba Lodge Costa Rica/Tortuguero