We have stayed in numerous lodges. But these lodges are a huts with 3 bedrooms so you have no sound proofing from the adjacent rooms therefore no privacy.
The rooms lack maintenance and the staff are off hand.
It is a pity the location is fantastic. The wild life is great we saw hatching of baby turtles going to the sea in December.... during the day .
- Also Known As:
- Mawamba Lodge Tortuguero Hotel
- Mawamba Lodge Tortuguero Hotel Tortuguero
- Mawamba Lodge Costa Rica/Tortuguero
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heartland of the lush rainforest of Tortuguero Canals, Costa Rica, Mawamba Lodge and Tortuguero National Park are worth visiting year round. What makes us different? *Unbeatable location on a strip of land between the Tortuguero Canals and the Caribbean Ocean, providing direct access to both * The closest Lodge to Tortuguero town within walking distance (no need to take boats to town) * Free WI FI in selected areas of the hotel * Complimentary safety deposit box in your room * Unlimited free visits to our MAWAMBA PARK: where we offer two butterfly gardens, one iguana and one frog garden. A guided visit is also included in our 3 day / 2 night package * Private nature trais for nature walks * Exciting optional tours including night walks in the forest, kayaking, fishing and the NEW! Katonga floating restaurant for sunset tours or dinners / lunches on board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Mawamba Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.