Last January we spent 2 nights at this Lodge, and made the reservation through Costa Rica Expeditions, who own this Lodge as well as another one in Monteverde.
We would really like to mention Gustavo Mendez, who took excellent care of our reservation (Jungle package). Any of our requirements was taken into account and every email was promptly and efficiently answered.
Everyone from the staff was helpful and willing to offer the best service. Pura Vida!
We stayed in an upstairs room with lovely views on the river and great comfort. No need for a/c, plenty of fresh air through the screened windows, which at the same time allowed for the wonderful sounds from the jungle at night time.
Excellent unpretentious homey food, perfectly served at the river front, while enjoying the views.
Our interest in visiting Tortuguero canals was perfectly taken care of, as we had morning and afternoon boat tours on both days. We would highly recommend, at least one day, to go on an early departure (6:00h). Juan was an excellent guide, and we really got to see lots of wildlife with him. Nice touch to be welcomed after every excursion with a fresh towel and a drink.
Last but not least, we were lucky to have lovely sunny days without a single mosquito.
Keep it like this and hope to be back very soon!
- Also Known As:
- Tortuga Lodge & Gardens Hotel
- Tortuga Lodge & Gardens Hotel Tortuguero
- Tortuga Lodge And Gardens
- Tortuga Hotel Tortuguero
- Tortuga Hotel Gardens
- Tortuga Lodge
- Tortuga Lodge & Gardens Costa Rica/Tortuguero
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by Costa Rica Expeditions, Tortuga Lodge & Gardens sits on 146 acres of private land on Costa Rica’s northeast Caribbean coast. The lodge is designed to blend into the river and the rainforest. The open air restaurant, the naturally purified pool and the hammocks draped throughout the grounds all meld smoothly into the water flowing endlessly past. So smoothly that it will quickly become difficult to imagine one without the other. The lodge has 12 River View Downstairs Terrace Rooms, 12 Upstairs River View Balcony Rooms, 2 River View Downstairs Junior Suites (with connecting door available) and 1 River View Upstairs Penthouse Suite. Outside all rooms have a front porch sitting area and a hammock. Lie in your hammock in front of your room and close your eyes to listen, you will hear life going on in the forest. Inside all rooms have a private shower with hot water, a ceiling fan, in-room safe, alarm clock, free wireless internet, hair dryer, two in-room wicker chairs and a small table. Tortuguero can only be accessed by boat or by domestic or charter plane. Tortuga Lodge offers complete packages including round trip transportation, lodging, meals and excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Tortuga Lodge & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.