Wonderful service - All staff were extremely hospitable, the food was delicious and well presented. Meal times had a romantic atmosphere.
The rooms are wooden construction with no sound proofing or window glazing (only mesh) - completely natural and appropriate to the environment. It also allows a breeze to circulate and you can clearly hear animal and bird sounds from your room. However, all the other hotel guests can view and hear you in your room!
Our room was clean but the bedding smelt of damp (to be expected? as it rains most of the time!)
The pool is inviting so bring swimwear - although the mosquitoes will eat you alive before you make it into the pool!!!
The lodge has its own nature trails in the forest behind the lodge so you can do your own exploring or bird watching - BEWARE - the mosquitoes are hungry!!!! It is very muddy and wet but the lodge provides rubber boots and umbrellas for guests.
- Also Known As:
- Tortuga Lodge & Gardens Hotel
- Tortuga Lodge & Gardens Hotel Tortuguero
- Tortuga Lodge And Gardens
- Tortuga Hotel Tortuguero
- Tortuga Hotel Gardens
- Tortuga Lodge
- Tortuga Lodge & Gardens Costa Rica/Tortuguero
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Owned and operated by Costa Rica Expeditions, Tortuga Lodge & Gardens sits on 146 acres of private land on Costa Rica’s northeast Caribbean coast. The lodge is designed to blend into the river and the rainforest. The open air restaurant, the naturally purified pool and the hammocks draped throughout the grounds all meld smoothly into the water flowing endlessly past. So smoothly that it will quickly become difficult to imagine one without the other. The lodge has 12 River View Downstairs Terrace Rooms, 12 Upstairs River View Balcony Rooms, 2 River View Downstairs Junior Suites (with connecting door available) and 1 River View Upstairs Penthouse Suite. Outside all rooms have a front porch sitting area and a hammock. Lie in your hammock in front of your room and close your eyes to listen, you will hear life going on in the forest. Inside all rooms have a private shower with hot water, a ceiling fan, in-room safe, alarm clock, free wireless internet, hair dryer, two in-room wicker chairs and a small table. Tortuguero can only be accessed by boat or by domestic or charter plane. Tortuga Lodge offers complete packages including round trip transportation, lodging, meals and excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Tortuga Lodge & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.