We came here as we needed a respite from the heat and humidity. My partner was ill and this place helped somewhat. The pool is a lifesaver and the food is great for Porto Viejo. The owners are working on the mosquito issue but you have to remember that all hotels here are basically built on a swamp here.
Marta the owner is great as were the rest of the staff. If for some reason I was ever to return to this mosquito, Rastas, ganja and surfer ridden cesspit corner of the Caribbean, then this is where I would stay. A little work on upgrading this place could really make it stand out and become a jewel.
I loved the sloths in the garden too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Relax and enjoy on Costa Rica's Caribbean coast in our Japanese style suites and gardens. A friendly and attentive staff, a pleasant garden with swimming pool and the beautiful ambiance of The Lotus Garden restaurant will make your stay with us unforgettable." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Lotus Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lotus Garden (Jordan`s Jacuzzi Suites) Hotel Puerto Viejo
- The Lotus Garden Costa Rica/Limon