I was traveling through Puerto Viejo after a nearby yoga retreat experience, looking to stay in town for a few nights when the Lotus Garden was recommended to me. After a quick look I stayed in their two story Samurai room for three nights. The room reminded me of a luxurious tree house equipped with a room to entertain, powerful AC and of course the Jacuzzi, which I didn't use, but was certainly there. I gleamed in other rooms and it looked like they had many different types for all kinds of travelers. My room had a circular staircase! Jordan the Manager is an ex-pat who has lived there running the place for almost a decade and was very knowledgeable about the surroundings. The food was excellent and inexpensive, I ate most of my meals there. They accommodated my dietary preferences within each meal. I also took one of the tours that they had listed. The Chocolate or Cocoa tour. That was an experience that I recommend. Also there is a great surf break right across the street and up about 100 yards from The Lotus Garden. The best break on the Caribbean side of Costa Rica from what I understand. I read that in a Costa Rica for Dummies book. It was a clean consistent leftie, about 4-6 feet when I was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Relax and enjoy on Costa Rica's Caribbean coast in our Japanese style suites and gardens. A friendly and attentive staff, a pleasant garden with swimming pool and the beautiful ambiance of The Lotus Garden restaurant will make your stay with us unforgettable." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Lotus Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lotus Garden (Jordan`s Jacuzzi Suites) Hotel Puerto Viejo
- The Lotus Garden Costa Rica/Limon