We just recently spent a week at Cashew Hill, and I really can't say enough positive things about it. This is a trip that's a few years in the making--we heard about the cottages a few years back, and FINALLY decided to make it one of our main destinations while in Costa Rica for this year's trip.
And it couldn't have been a better decision.
The property itself is extremely well maintained. Constant improvements are being made and you feel secure and at home while there. We stayed in the Kinkajou cottage (which I highly recommend) and it was amazing. It was a two floor cottage with kitchen, bathroom, small living area and a couple of single beds on the first floor; on the second floor, you'll find a couple more beds (one single, one double) and a great balcony with hammocks and seating area. We felt completely at home and found the cottage extremely comfortable and cozy; the kitchen was also a real big plus because the food costs in Puerto Viejo are pretty high (restaurants, grocery, etc. cost about the same as in North America) so this allows you to scale-back spending if you want to make your own meals.
The following is the wildlife we spotted in and around the property: sloths, monkeys, toucans, parrots, exotic butterflies, spiders, frogs, iguanas, lizards, geckos, beetles...the list goes on and on. We knew we would be in the jungle, but were still quite impressed by the variety of the things we spotted.
And the cherry on top of the cake--the staff of course. Andrew, Allie, Edwin, Raul, and young lady (sorry, we don't know your name) THANK YOU for the great stay!!! We'll see you guys again soon enough :)
Richard & Alain
- Also Known As:
- Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages Hotel
- Cashew Hill Jungle Cottages Costa Rica/Limon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cashew Hill is an out of the ordinary place, just minutes by foot, from the center of Puerto Viejo. Walk up the path by the soccer field and find a sanctuary like no other. Glorious gardens with tropical plants of every type, birds of every color, butterflies, sloths, kinkajous, ocean views, ocean breezes and... Cozy cottages, designed with comfort and harmony in mind, await you. Cashew Hill has seven cottages designed with fully equipped kitchens, sleeping rooms, living areas... ... more less