My boyfriend and I enjoyed an absolutely marvelous 4 night stay at Tierra de Suenos. I cannot recommend the property enough to other travellers to Puerto Viejo and Costa Rica. The quality of the establishment, the location, and its staff were the highlight of our trip and stood out in my travel experiences.
The highlights of Tierra de Suenos:
1) Fantastic location in an interesting and dynamic part of CR, a province where beautiful beaches meet interesting people, stunning scenery and wildlife, and a unique mix of Caribbean and Central American cultures. A gorgeous and largely private beach is a short walk down a path through the forest. The grounds of Tierra de Suenos are the perfect mix of wild (bird, monkeys, and lizards abound), comfort, and convenience. A range of restaurants, stores, and activities are nearby, and a trip into Puerto Viejo is easy. Manzanillo and Cahuita Refuges make excellent daytrips.
2) Lovely accomodations - the bungalows and casita are spacious, immaculate, modernly-appointed. The main cottage where breakfast is served houses a topical library and beautiful deck to take in the delicious and homemade breakfasts (included in the rates).
3) Friendly and helpful proprieters. Angie, Brendan, and their staff clearly take pride in their establishment and provide for every guest's level of comfort and desire for independence. They are happy to whip up a range of mouth-watering drinks (try the Dark & Stormy) and snacks and provide advice and make arrangements for activities and daytrips. I would also like to mention that this is a place where straight and gay couples alike will feel welcomed, respected, and appreciated.
Our trip to Costa Rica was wonderful - I just wish we'd spent more time at Tierra de Suenos. We will certainly be back, and I encourage anyone reading this to treat themselves to a really special experience.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra De Suenos Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tierra De Suenos Hotel
- Tierra De Suenos Lodge Costa Rica/Limon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine your exploration of the raw beauty of Costa Rica with a vacation that will suffuse your whole being with health and wellness. Tierra de Suenos Lodge is the only Wellness Center on the pristine Caribean Coast offering a traditional and holistic approach to health. With a diverse staff of holistic healers offering everything from healing with raw foods, reiki, massage , yoga and meditation, and a luxurious infrared sauna, you can spend your vacation reconnecting with your inner oneness and surrounded by the beauty of the jungle. Your Costa Rican Wellness Center cozy hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine beaches of Playa Chiquita and spectacular rainforest. Paradise awaits! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Tierra de Suenos Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.