“Can't get better!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Tierra de Suenos Lodge to your Saves list
Tierra de Suenos Lodge
50 North Or Shawanda, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 50101, Costa Rica   |

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

Tierra de Suenos could not have been more perfect for me! Angie and Brendan go above and beyond to make it a home away from home by having amazing breakfasts each morning (and over the seven days I was there, it was different every morning!). Including bananas right off their property! Wow!
The bungalows have hand carved wood beds that are very comfortable, soft sheets and softer towels than I have at my own house! There was always hot water. Each bungalow has its own hammock, table and bench for enjoying the beautiful property.
The property itself is amazing! It is a serene jungle atmosphere that is so beautiful and TRULY is paradise! Animals galore! Sloths, monkeys, agouti, squirrel, golden orb spider, toucan, so many bird species, geckos, gorgeous butterflies, etc.
Tierra de Suenos is just far enough away from Puerto Viejo that you are away from any hustle and bustle, yet close enough to everything you may need....beach: 3 minute walk, internet cafe: 2 min, restaurants: next door to few min. walk, store: 2 min.
Honestly, Tierra de Suenos could not be more perfect. It was WELL WORTH every penny spent (at such an amazing price!), and I cannot wait to come down and stay there again soon.
I could never get across in writing how amazing this place is, and how great Angie and Brendan are.....find out for yourself! Trust me, you will be THRILLED with your decision to stay at Tierra de Suenos!

• Liked — Absolutely all of it!
  • Disliked — Nothing! It was perfect!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tierradesuenoslodge, General Manager at Tierra de Suenos Lodge, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
thank you for the lovely review. we are happy you found tierra de suenos a place of serenity and beauty with a comfortable jungle experience. we look forward to seeing you in the future. sincerely, tierra de suenos
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

Tierra de Suenos was a blast. Great location, food, beds and wildlife. Brendan and Angie are wonderful hosts and can accomodate you with a number of acitivities in the area, I especially enjoyed the kayak surfing bro! I would not hesitate to head back to TDS in a heart beat. It is a great environment to chill out and enjoy some tasty waves of the beautiful caribbean. The beaches are simply gorgeous.

• Liked — Location/Friendliness of hosts
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tierradesuenoslodge, Front Office Manager at Tierra de Suenos Lodge, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
thank you for the great review. we are happy that you found a place to meet your needs and experience a jungle/ocean adventure. we look forward to seeing you again in the future. sincerely, tierra de suenos
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

I can HIGHLY recommend Tierra de Suenos, if you're looking to get back to nature (but don't want to sacrifice hot water, fluffy towels and comfortable mattresses!) then this place is the perfect middle ground!

The cabins are excellent quality and secluded enough to feel like your own little place in the jungle. Highlights for me were the sloths that hang out on the property, trying to spot the frogs hiding in the rain, and the peace and quiet set a little way away from the bustle of the main strip.

A bit of a home from home, i was very comfortable hanging out in my hammock and the breakfasts definitely go down well. Angie and Brendan made it feel like a special holiday for us, a big bonus is their flexibility and friendliness.

Our lovely hosts also have excellent local knowledge, highlights are the Manzanillo reserve just 20 minutes away and some great beach spots and restaurants.

Definitely go for it, and if you're the kind of person who wonders why the ants can't be re-routed..... well that's what Costa Rica is all about, bugs and beautiful birds alike! Of all the places i stayed in Costa Rica, I really enjoyed Tierra de Suenos' wildlife and feeling like i really was in a jungle lodge, rather than a manicured lawn and concrete jungle.

Definitely recommended!

• Liked — the beds and high quality of the cabins
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
thank you for the great review. we are happy you found tierra de suenos a place to meet all your comfort needs with a jungle experience. we look forward to seeing you in the future. pura vida, tierra de suenos
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

This year I was lucky enough to have a 3 month break between jobs and I returned to Central America to visit friends (I lived and taught in Honduras 2 years ago.) I decided to end my trip on the beach in Costa Rica. I had never been to the Carribbean side and wanted to check it out. I ended up spending two beautiful and relaxing weeks at Tierra de Suenos in Playa Chiquita.

For me it was the perfect way to end a trip filled with long bus rides, early mornings of volunteering, and staying in not-so-nice Central American hotels.Tierra de Suenos was a oasis from busy, dusty, hot, and dry Central America, yet it is not a walled in, all-inclusive, disney-like resort. It is the real thing.

Every morning I woke up in my bungalow to sounds of the jungle: toucans calling, sloths whistling, monkies howling. The bungalow had more than I could ask for: Hot/cold water, a COMFY bed, consistant electricity(for Central America) and it was very clean. I can't tell you how many places I've stayed and paid more for that don't have these things. Also I really appreciated the artistic touches like the hand carved furniture, mosiacs, and murals. The bungalows are truly beautiful as is the enitre property. You can tell it is cared for and maintained with love.

Angie and Brendan were so hospitable and knowledgeable; they made me feel right at home in Playa Chiquita. Their breakfasts were great. I especially loved how they incorporated so much of the fresh fruit that grows on their property.

As for the location, you can't ask for much more. It is in the jungle and literally minutes by foot from some of the most pristine and gorgeous beaches I have ever seen. You can rent bikes and in 20 minutes be hiking in a nature preserve or eating delicious food in downtown Puerto Viejo. You really don't even need to leave Playa Chiquita. I spent two weeks there, going to yoga in the morning, the beach/snorkling mid day and exploring new restaurants in the evening. I didn't even get a chance to do any of the awsome jungle tours or excursions the area has to offer even though they would have picked me up right at Tierra de Suenos!

Central America is a place I will always come back to. Tierra de Suenos is a spot I can't wait to share with my boyfriend, family and friends. It is truly special and now that I'm working again I will take my 2 weeks vacation there!!

• Liked — The beautiful surroundings!
  • Disliked — loved it all!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
thank you for the beautiful and informative response. we are happy you found a place to meet all of your needs. we look forward to seeing you again in the future. sincerely, tierra de suenos
Brooklyn NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

Perfect place for anyone in a jungle paradise! Best bang for your buck. Cabinas are beautiful and very well kept. Breakfast and great hosts. All good things at Tierra de Suenos!

• Liked — mr biggs
  • Disliked — all good
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
thank you for the outstanding review. we are glad you enjoyed your time here at tierra de suenos. we hope to see you again. tierra de suenos

Been to Tierra de Suenos Lodge? Share your experiences!