We were referred to Tierra De Suenos by the owners of a local cafe'/guest house we stayed at on our previous visit to the area. We knew we wanted something rustic, with a mix of the feel of camping out doors but small luxuries of home and this lodge fit that idea perfectly! So we booked a week stay for our entire wedding party of 12 (which included 1 1/2 year old and 2 1/2 year old girls).
The layout of the grounds was perfect for our large group: each couple/person getting their own bungalow that was nestled in the beautiful lush trees/plants that were on their own neat little well groomed paths winding about property. My fiance and I stayed in Casa Colibri with our 2 1/2 year old daughter, our parents stayed in Zen Garden, and our friends (2 other couples, a family of 3 and a bachelor) stayed in the other single room bungalows. Ours came with a VERY refreshing rain shower that we enjoyed a few times a day after being out in the heat or being at the beach…it was a nice way to end the long day before slipping into our giant comfy bed upstairs. We did have some house guests such as spiders, roaches, ants, and even a very rare visit by a scorpion, but it was all part of the adventure and to be expected when being in the jungle. The scorpion was unexpected, but removed very quickly by the owners! We were also lucky enough to have a sloth hangout a few days right outside the Zen Garden bungalow, almost within arms reach from the top balcony on one of the lines! And we also saw a large iguana on the grounds behind the reception house who let me get within feet of him to take a great picture!
While it was a bit of a shock for some of our guests the first night (the heat, the bugs, the roosters), especially since we arrived after dark, by the end of the next day everyone had warmed up to the place and the location after seeing our true surroundings, having a wonderful breakfast, and visiting what turned out to be our favorite spot on the entire trip…the beach.
Just down the road (about a 5 minute walk), left of the bungalows, was a cool little path lined with flowers, large trees and crab holes that opened up to the most perfect spot on the beach that we found our entire two trips to the area. The water was crystal clear every single day, warm as bath water, with a great combination of shallow and deeper spots. There were coral reefs that some of us snorkeled around for hours finding different types of crab, fish, and beautiful sea shells. And the little one enjoyed playing in the white sand! There were also plenty of doggy friends that visited us each day, one pair even visited us in Manzanillo one day, swimming with us and having us hold them in the water!
On the same road, to the right of us, was a small Italian restaurant run by 3 “happy Italians” as we called them, who served tasty food, cold drinks, and charged only 50 cents for wi-fi! Just past them was a little grocery store that also sold fresh baked goods daily…some of our guests enjoyed a slice of fresh key lime pie every single day of the trip thanks to those ladies at the store! And down the road either within walking distance or by bike, left or right, were restaurants of different varieties…we ate at as many as we could and enjoyed them all ;)
I can’t thank Angie and Brendan enough for providing such a warm and beautiful place for our group to stay…they catered to the needs of 12 people wonderfully, providing a unique and delicious breakfast every morning, and even going so far as to help me hand pick the flowers for my wedding bouquet from their very yard…as well as put it together and make boutineers/corsages for all our guests :) If we needed a cab or to contact the company for any of our tours, they were there to help! And their staff was always friendly, the kitchen girls made for good chatter and company in the mornings, and they kept our rooms cleaned daily! Ginger and Cody, the dogs, were always present, but not pesty and kept us entertained and feeling guarded from any possible intruders…whether it be a chicken or bird ;) Everyone and everything really made it a perfect and beautiful wedding week adventure for all!
If you get the opportunity to visit and enjoy the outdoors and wild life, this is a wonderful spot with gracious hosts, beautiful surroundings, and access to many different restaurants, beaches, and small little towns to explore! Punta Uva, Playa Chiquita, or Manzanillo…they are all just a bike ride, walk, or cab ride away! Pura Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combine your exploration of the raw beauty of Costa Rica with a vacation that will suffuse your whole being with health and wellness. Tierra de Suenos Lodge is the only Wellness Center on the pristine Caribean Coast offering a traditional and holistic approach to health. With a diverse staff of holistic healers offering everything from healing with raw foods, reiki, massage , yoga and meditation, and a luxurious infrared sauna, you can spend your vacation reconnecting with your inner oneness and surrounded by the beauty of the jungle. Your Costa Rican Wellness Center cozy hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine beaches of Playa Chiquita and spectacular rainforest. Paradise awaits! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Tierra de Suenos Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra De Suenos Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tierra De Suenos Lodge Costa Rica/Limon