We stayed in 5 different places during our trip to the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. We weren't looking for anything fancy, all the places we stayed were in the budget bracket. This was definitely the most disappointing and worst value.
- the location is right opposite a lovely stretch of beach.
- the bar serves interesting locally brewed craft beers
- the staff were reasonably friendly and there was a sociable vibe
- cleanliness levels were low. The room was grubby when we arrived. We stayed three nights (it was peak season - we moved on as soon as we found somewhere else) and in that time our room was not cleaned.
- room was generally pretty badly put together and uncomfortable. The mattress was ancient and uncomfortable. No mosquito net was provided. No chair in the room. Fan noisy and ineffective.
- it was quite noisy at night - gangs of gap year type Americans being loud in the dorm rooms.
Maybe this would be an ok bet for a group of backpackers looking for a shared hostel dorm experience, but as a couple looking for a budget double room it was a poor option. We moved on as soon as we could - to a hotel round the corner which was cleaner, more comfortable, and ten dollars a night cheaper...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, Hostel and Private Bungalow with Bar (Luke's Tap Room - Hand Crafted Beer on Tap) and Restaurant (specialising in wood oven pizza) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, HostelBookers, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kaya's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaya`s Place Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Kayas Place Puerto Viejo
- Kayas Place Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Kaya's Place Costa Rica/Limon