The construction of Kaya's Place is a timber-framed work of art, with a very artistic attention to detail- the furniture is built in the same manner, and is both beautiful AND comfortable! It does not look like a budget hotel by any means, almost every wall having a bright, very well painted jungle-themed murals and framed pictures everywhere depicting the African roots of the region.
The rooms are clean, quaint, and beautiful, the beds are the same artisan construction as the hotel. The rooms stay relatively cool in the most intense heat of the day, and the A/C can be turned on if need be. The two places I stayed in Costa Rica were both very aware of energy conservation. Lights and A/C should not be left on at all when not in the room.
The staff are excellent, and are eager to help. It is difficult to find locals who speak good english, which is probably the root of the poor comments about the staff. They don't have to learn english- we are in THEIR country, and trying to speak un poco espagnol helps.
The restaurant is EXCELLENT, but only offers North-American style cuisine. Great breakfast, lunch and dinner!
All in all, it was a fabulous stay, every morning walking out of my room through a lush courtyard garden to the front lobby, then cross the road straight onto the black sand beach and the Carribbean!! At the end of the 4 nights it felt like home. Thank you to the staff, the owner, and the other guests!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel, Hostel and Private Bungalow with Bar (Luke's Tap Room - Hand Crafted Beer on Tap) and Restaurant (specialising in wood oven pizza) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, HostelBookers, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Kaya's Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kaya`s Place Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Kayas Place Puerto Viejo
- Kayas Place Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Kaya's Place Costa Rica/Limon