I spent 4 nights here with my boyfriend. We ran into a few problems like the AC not working properly in suite 2 and had to spend the night in room 10 which was not a suite. Despite the downgrade for one night, the room had operating AC and the next morning the manager had moved us to another suite, room number 1. The manager provided us with two food tickets worth up to $20 USD which is the difference from downgrading for the night. Despite the rough start, the staff was very helpful and attentive to us. The food was great, and we absolutely LOVED suite #1. The room had hot water, operating AC, and ceiling fans and lots of closet space and a flat screen TV, with backyard access to a wonderful pool. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling to Puerto Viejo. PURA VIDA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totem Hotel Resort embrace the spirit of simplicity and quality, timeless elements of tropical architecture are employed in creating accommodations of impeccable elegance and style. The hotel is a perfect place to relax, enjoy the beach and experience typical Italian cuisine.Totem is designed as an homage to the sand, sun, waters, and all things beautiful of the beach that is only a few feet away from the resort. This place was surrounded by jungle and yet just steps from a REALLY nice, uncrowded beach: Playa Cocles. Very relaxed atmosphere, nice hotel grounds. A big plus is the wonderful, family owed restaurant with an array of Northern Italy foods as well as tasty Costa Rican dishes located right on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Totem Hotel Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Totem Hotel Beach Puerto Viejo
- Totem Hotel Beach Resort Costa Rica/Limon