Stayed here 3 nights in June. Very friendly staff. Check in was a breeze and rooms were clean. No issues with rooms at all.
Breakfast, which is included, was ok. Not that great. Watch our for the stray cats that will eat your food if you aren't looking. LOL.
Location for Totem is great. Right across from Playa Cocles. Possibly the best beach close to Puerto Viejo.
Mosquitos weren't a problem on the property except for when I was eating. They bite the heck out of your legs.
Wifi on property was great.
Night guy, Cimone (Sambo as we called him) was awesome.
- Also Known As:
- Totem Hotel Beach Puerto Viejo
- Totem Hotel Beach
- Totem Hotel Beach Resort Costa Rica/Limon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Totem Hotel Resort embrace the spirit of simplicity and quality, timeless elements of tropical architecture are employed in creating accommodations of impeccable elegance and style. The hotel is a perfect place to relax, enjoy the beach and experience typical Italian cuisine.Totem is designed as an homage to the sand, sun, waters, and all things beautiful of the beach that is only a few feet away from the resort. This place was surrounded by jungle and yet just steps from a REALLY nice, uncrowded beach: Playa Cocles. Very relaxed atmosphere, nice hotel grounds. A big plus is the wonderful, family owed restaurant with an array of Northern Italy foods as well as tasty Costa Rican dishes located right on the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelBookers, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Totem Hotel Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.