The Tree House Lodge is beautiful, and the perfect jungle experience. The only reason we are giving 4 stars rather than 5 is because 1. we got the Garden House because it was the cheapest option, and it is just far less nice than the other houses. It is just much more cabin-y, and I had house envy our entire trip. There were not many guests while we were there, it would have been nice to be offered an upgrade (it was our honeymoon after all). and 2. On our second day, reception was either out to lunch or for some other reason not there every time we went by, and so we were never able to request the fire for our hot tub for our last night. We tried to light the fire ourselves, but the rainforest was just too damp, and then our lighter ran out of fluid. Very disappointing.
Otherwise, it was really fun to go look for iguanas whenever we wanted and have a nice oasis away from town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only tree house right on the beach of the southern Caribbean of Costa Rica. This is your best nature hotel and romantic hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tree House Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree House Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Tree House Lodge Costa Rica/Limon