We chose this hotel after coming across their website when planning a short trip in Costa Rica. By "beachfront" it means a 300m walk along a gravel forest trail to the beach. The "cabins" are duplex style with your room directly next to someone elses and the next cabin no more than 3 metres away. We stayed 2 nights and during that time there was hot water for about one hour, on the morning we left. Beyond that, there was barely any running water in our en-suite bathroom at all. The best option for a shower was the beach shower attached onto a tree!
When informed, the management said it was a the municipal council's fault/problem!
Granted, the region is relatively remote, but for US$60 a night one has certain expectations - running water is one of them. Either the tariff is severely reduced, or the owners install water pumps! I would definitely NOT recommend this place and definitely will not be staying there again. There are numerous places to stay in Puerto Viejo, and most of them closer to town too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wolf personally oversaw the planning, construction and design of the lodge. He draws his inspiration on the simplicity of the local architecture. – Wolf’s idea was to maintained the simplicity of the local life style and live in harmony with the surrounding nature, so us to destroy as little as possible the original flora hence its habitat – Wolf’s long standing relationship with and commitment to Playa Chiquita community is reflected in all aspects of the property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Playa Chiquita Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Chiquita Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Playa Chiquita Lodge Costa Rica/Limon