“Nice place but very poor Service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bungalows Calalu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Bungalows Calalu
You added Bungalows Calalu to your Saves list
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica   |
San Jose
“Nice place but very poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

It’s a shame the owners don’t have a hint of what Customer service means. I arrived very tired from my trip and far from feeling welcome I had to deal with the owner, a very rude lady. My friends arrived a day later and ran into the same luck I did.
I go to Puerto Viejo a lot, and I like to stay at different places, I had always had great experiences with customer service until this time. Definitely this was my first and last time on this place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

The Bungalow was exactly as the pictures shows there were no surprises. I was travelling with my 13 month old daughter and the option for a kitchen was a good choice. I was able to make her bottles and brew a few cups of coffee each morning. Added bonus is that its in near to town.. A bakery and lots of restaurants within walking distance...

I would recommend Bungalow Calalu..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Private, super nice bungalows, cozy pool, no wifi in our room - the one with a/c, terrace and kitchen-, no fresh towels, toilet paper or soap if you dont ask for it.
Super affordable, if we had actually liked Puerto Viejo Limon, we'd come back to stay here.

Room Tip: no wifi in our room - the one with a/c, terrace and kitchen-
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed only 2 days, 1 night ...love the rooms, excellent service, very clean place, the swimming pool was delicious..The environment was exactly what i was looking for, a lot birds, no mosquitoes , lovely gardens.
We didn't have any problem with the service since the kitchen was fully equipped just ready to cook... Markets very close and also a very good restaurant.
The owners very nice people, no complaints ...100% recommended

Room Tip: If you wan to have a home made dinner pick the 4
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
holland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

There are a lot of good things about this place; its quiet, nearby town (10 minute walk), has a swimming pool and is not too expensive for what you get. There's also a gate that closes at night, so you feel safe. The garden is beautiful with al the flowers and we saw some hummingbirds. Unfortunately they don't have breakfast and you cant buy anything to drink or eat. But a supermarket and restaurants are nearby. The room is basic, buth clean.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2010

It is 100% true, the owners of this hotel are EXTREMELY rude!! They got wrong our reservation dates, room type and rate. When we checked in and asked for the proper room we were told we never booked that room and everything was "our" mistake. The woman's attitude was aggressive, abrasive and just plain mean. She refused to listen to any common sense or even offer us any other options, other rooms, discount, money back...nothing. She point blank said, "I own this place and I don't make mistakes"! The only reason we didn't go elsewhere was because it was a busy weekend. I won't go back. The owner is not from Costa Rica, she is from Spain, and has no manners. No real restaurant or bar and very small pool.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

We had no idea where we were going to stay in Puero Viejo. We were SO thankful when we stumbled onto this place!! Beautiful gardens, helpful staff, nice pool, and the bungalow was simply amazing. Perfect for me and my three friends. Close to town and a 15 minute walk to Cocles. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Bungalows Calalu? Share your experiences!