We had a room in Totem and learned that they are merging with Cariblue. This is fantastic, because the pool at Cariblue is awesome, while the one at Totem is tiny, shallow and ugly. It is also located next to the street.
Our room was clean and lovely, the shower and bathroom were clean and worked. We had twin beds, a table and a safe in the room. No TV or coffee machine. The air condition worked well. Our room was in a small building with 4 rooms, and it is possible to hear a lot from the other rooms. The resort is fantastic because we saw sloths, iguanas and frogs, in addition to beautiful plants. The staff (or owners) are very nice and helpful. Most speak English, but a few do not. Mariella and Andrea were particularly nice.There is a security guard on site, patrolling the resort. We felt safe at all times. Breakfast is served in Cariblue, it is very tasty and includes fresh fruit, toast, pastries, rice and beans, omelet and yogurt.
Cariblue has a fantastic seafood restaurant (same as the breakfast area), great ceviche. Totem has an Italian restaurant (love and peace), and the name says it all. We had pizza, which was ok. This restaurant is more basic in every way, compared to the one in Cariblue.
Internet was free, and available intermittently. We loved the table tennis set up and the hammocks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Caribbean resort in Puerto Viejo, de Limon, Costa Rica.Hotel Cariblue is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beaches and comfort.A leader among Costa Rica hotels and resorts, we offer luxurious hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine white sand beach of Playa Cocles and lush natural jungle (more info about us). Enjoy our award-winning service and our full range of amenities and facilities in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. A paradise is waiting for you."Cariblue Hotel” “Your Caribbean resort", is a 3 star hotel and 3 green leaves (CST), is the ideal place to enjoy your vacation, Its located just steps away from beautiful pristine white sand beach, Playa Cocles and just a mile from typical village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (Old Harbor), where the Afro Caribbean, Indian and all over the world cultures are mixed in harmony and peace.Cariblue has 23 private and comfortable bungalows nestled in a gorgeous tropical garden of almost 5 acres (20.000 sqm). All the bungalows feature a private balcony overlooking the resort's tropical gardens. Impressive Gourmet Restaurant "Soleluna" with a gorgeous bar and in the pool with our happy hour every day in our pool bar. Spend a lazy day by the beautiful pool area, kid's pool and relax in the Jacuzzi while enjoying one of our selection of fine tropical cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Cariblue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cariblue Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cariblue Hotel Costa Rica/Limon