Reading mixed reviews I was a little leery to book here but it was the only option available on very short notice. The room was clean and does not offer a tv. It smelled a little damp but that's something that we found in many hotels in Costa Rica. The jacuzzi was not in working order which was disappointing but there's an ocean across the street so we didn't really care. Loved the hammock area to relax in. The food was tasty and we got a 20% discount on one of our meals upon check-in at our room. For us the location was perfect as we don't like to be in the middle of it all but in a five minute drive or quick bike ride, you're in town with plenty to do. There is a cat that loves to share your food and a very friendly dog that might follow you to the beach for a game of stick. We are animal lovers and having pets in restaurants is a normal occurrence in CR, so it didn't bother us. The only thing that irritated me was the ants in our room. Then again, it's CR and there are bugs every where. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Caribbean resort in Puerto Viejo, de Limon, Costa Rica.Hotel Cariblue is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beaches and comfort.A leader among Costa Rica hotels and resorts, we offer luxurious hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine white sand beach of Playa Cocles and lush natural jungle (more info about us). Enjoy our award-winning service and our full range of amenities and facilities in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. A paradise is waiting for you."Cariblue Hotel” “Your Caribbean resort", is a 3 star hotel and 3 green leaves (CST), is the ideal place to enjoy your vacation, Its located just steps away from beautiful pristine white sand beach, Playa Cocles and just a mile from typical village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (Old Harbor), where the Afro Caribbean, Indian and all over the world cultures are mixed in harmony and peace.Cariblue has 23 private and comfortable bungalows nestled in a gorgeous tropical garden of almost 5 acres (20.000 sqm). All the bungalows feature a private balcony overlooking the resort's tropical gardens. Impressive Gourmet Restaurant "Soleluna" with a gorgeous bar and in the pool with our happy hour every day in our pool bar. Spend a lazy day by the beautiful pool area, kid's pool and relax in the Jacuzzi while enjoying one of our selection of fine tropical cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Cariblue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cariblue Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cariblue Hotel Costa Rica/Limon