A wonderful hotel that is surrounded by lush vegetation, and a beach right across the road. The beach is beautiful but there are huge waves and a very strong riptide. Not advisable unless you are a surfer.
Chairs (any kind) to sit on the beach were uavailable, either for rent or to purchase, and sitting on a towel was not an option for us. Even in the hotel areas there very few lounge chairs. The hammocks were very comfortable and made up for the lack of the chairs in the hotel area.
The restaurant had delicious food and the menu was varied. You can tell this is a family owned hotel and the family makes sure everything is done correctly. Very acommodating staff who showed genuine concern for our well being. When I had a upset stomach one night, the che made some food that I would be able to eat on his own initative.
This hotel is near to everything and well worth a visit. would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Caribbean resort in Puerto Viejo, de Limon, Costa Rica.Hotel Cariblue is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beaches and comfort.A leader among Costa Rica hotels and resorts, we offer luxurious hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine white sand beach of Playa Cocles and lush natural jungle (more info about us). Enjoy our award-winning service and our full range of amenities and facilities in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. A paradise is waiting for you."Cariblue Hotel” “Your Caribbean resort", is a 3 star hotel and 3 green leaves (CST), is the ideal place to enjoy your vacation, Its located just steps away from beautiful pristine white sand beach, Playa Cocles and just a mile from typical village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (Old Harbor), where the Afro Caribbean, Indian and all over the world cultures are mixed in harmony and peace.Cariblue has 23 private and comfortable bungalows nestled in a gorgeous tropical garden of almost 5 acres (20.000 sqm). All the bungalows feature a private balcony overlooking the resort's tropical gardens. Impressive Gourmet Restaurant "Soleluna" with a gorgeous bar and in the pool with our happy hour every day in our pool bar. Spend a lazy day by the beautiful pool area, kid's pool and relax in the Jacuzzi while enjoying one of our selection of fine tropical cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Cariblue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cariblue Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cariblue Hotel Costa Rica/Limon