My fiancee and I stayed three nights here during a ten day trip to Costa Rica in June. We had rented a car and arrived late the first night. Our first room left much to be desired as it was on the first floor, did not feel very private and was poorly decorated. On the plus side! The grounds were incredible, with flowers, gardens, an incredible pool... the next day we requested to be moved to one of the second floor bungalow rooms, and it was so much nicer! We had out own small deck with colorful hammock... and the room was much nicer, with high ceilings and nice decor.
The service was great, so was the breakfast buffet, and we really became quite fond of going for morning swims in the pool to start off the day. The bartender Nacho was a very nice guy and made good cocktails. You are a short drive from almost everything in Puerto Viejo here, and the security is good for at night. Short walk across the street to get to the beach... Good value, good service, beautiful property...I would go back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Caribbean resort in Puerto Viejo, de Limon, Costa Rica.Hotel Cariblue is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature, the beaches and comfort.A leader among Costa Rica hotels and resorts, we offer luxurious hardwood bungalows nestled in exotic tropical gardens between the pristine white sand beach of Playa Cocles and lush natural jungle (more info about us). Enjoy our award-winning service and our full range of amenities and facilities in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. A paradise is waiting for you."Cariblue Hotel” “Your Caribbean resort", is a 3 star hotel and 3 green leaves (CST), is the ideal place to enjoy your vacation, Its located just steps away from beautiful pristine white sand beach, Playa Cocles and just a mile from typical village of Puerto Viejo de Talamanca (Old Harbor), where the Afro Caribbean, Indian and all over the world cultures are mixed in harmony and peace.Cariblue has 23 private and comfortable bungalows nestled in a gorgeous tropical garden of almost 5 acres (20.000 sqm). All the bungalows feature a private balcony overlooking the resort's tropical gardens. Impressive Gourmet Restaurant "Soleluna" with a gorgeous bar and in the pool with our happy hour every day in our pool bar. Spend a lazy day by the beautiful pool area, kid's pool and relax in the Jacuzzi while enjoying one of our selection of fine tropical cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Cariblue Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cariblue Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Cariblue Hotel Costa Rica/Limon