Need I go on? Our stay at Samasati was the ultimate health and well-being experience. We were greeted by the friendliest, happiest receptionist I've ever had the pleasure to speak with and were immersed in the jungle with glorious views over the Caribbean sea and Puerto Viejo town. The cabin was wonderful and we were very fortunate to have a beautiful view from our room too - it was fresh and airy, letting in a lot of light.
Sunrise and sunset yoga with the resident teacher, Stephanie, was great. She was a wonderful woman who had a lot of inspiration to share. She was never judgemental and focused on different parts of the body in each class so you were never repeating the same routine. You could easily see how much she cared about her practise, she would always mention a little something about what she had been reading. Some of her words and thoughts have really stayed with me, even after leaving Samasati.
The food was delicious. A wide range of vegetarian food was cooked up fresh and served buffet style. I enjoyed the raw salads, brown rice and soy dishes the most - very healthy, wholesome and filling. We really enjoyed the group meals all around a big table and loved that there was such a friendly atmosphere where staff actively encouraged guests to socialise. We met some amazingly interesting people and loved hearing about their lives, jobs, stresses, loves and insights.
It's worth noting that Samasati is an off-the-grid nature retreat. It's all about wellness and appreciation of nature. The best kind of digital detox! There are a couple of short nature trails and howler monkeys, toucans,and hummingbirds can been seen frequently. Bring a good book and spend your time appreciating the surroundings and thinking about the things that really matter in life.
Thank you to all the friendly staff at Samasati, we really loved our stay with you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samasati Nature Retreat is Nature Retreat and Yoga Center on the South Caribbean of Costa Rica. Nestled in 270 acres of primary forest, Samasati Nature Retreat is blessed with spectacular views of the Caribbean sea and of the surrounding tropical rainforest. It is the perfect and romantic getaway for nature lovers, adventure fans, yoga practitioners and groups. We will help you reserving transportation to Samasati and organizing your visit in all its details! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Samasati Nature Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samasati Nature Retreat Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Samasati Nature Retreat Costa Rica/Limon