This resort has so much potential but is run down. The rooms are comfortable and we had a balcony Oceanside which was great. The bedding is dated and beds aren't that comfortable. It's quite rustic. The shower stall had drywall and therefore had black mold on the walls and no fan. We did have hot showers though. Anytime we needed something (wine glasses, towels, etc.) the management was very accomodating. We enjoyed the small pool. The breakfast in the morning is good but not worth the extra $10/day. The location/beach is great and the 20 minute walk to town was nice, however you shouldn't do it after 6pm for safety reasons and there are no restaurants except for Banana Azul Hotel next door which I found a bit pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Perla Negra Hotel is located in the popular but quaint village of Puerto Viejo on Costa Rica´s Caribbean coast. Geographically, we are located at Playa Negra (Black Beach), where, just beyond our hotel, you will find miles of stunning and deserted shoreline. In fact, our hotel is located directly in front of the Caribbean Sea and the beach is the most peaceful, quiet and secure place outside of Puerto Viejo.Although La Perla Negra Hotel and beach is secluded and private, you will always be just a short walk to town (less than 2 kilometers), where you can enjoy great restaurants, shop for locally made souvenirs and crafts, or dance the night away in one of the town´s lively nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Perla Negra Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Puerto Viejo
- La Perla Negra Beach Resort Costa Rica/Limon