This resort has so much potential but is run down. The rooms are comfortable and we had a balcony Oceanside which was great. The bedding is dated and beds aren't that comfortable. It's quite rustic. The shower stall had drywall and therefore had black mold on the walls and no fan. We did have hot showers though. Anytime we needed something (wine glasses, towels, etc.) the management was very accomodating. We enjoyed the small pool. The breakfast in the morning is good but not worth the extra $10/day. The location/beach is great and the 20 minute walk to town was nice, however you shouldn't do it after 6pm for safety reasons and there are no restaurants except for Banana Azul Hotel next door which I found a bit pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Pearl is a Beach Front Rustic Accommodation, surrounded by an ecological, quiet and out of town atmosphere. You will find an atmosphere of relaxation in the South Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica. Enjoy the services of Puerto Viejo town as bars, nightclubs and restaurants with a variety of local and international food, surrounded by very kind and friendly people. Our Rustic Beachfront Accommodation offers you a unique style of sharing and enjoying the environment of Costa Rica's Caribbean,we do not sell you a room , we offer you peace, tranquility and good life view as it is in our place, whitout seals or stereotypes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Rustico de Playa Perla Negra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Hotel Rustico De Playa Perla Negra Costa Rica/Limon