We did not book any hotel in Puerto Viejo, but arrived very late in the evening - stupid thing to do, but this hotel was open during the night, so that's a big plus.
Another big plus is that it is very very close to the beach - you just have to cross the street.
Breakfast was really nice and good, the pool was a little bit dirty, but overall - nice.
We stayed in a room without air conditioning the first night. In the morning, we took one with AC, that was worth a few dollars, because it was SO extremely hot.
The furniture is made of wood - smells a little, but that's ok, no wonder in this climate.
Close to the "city" and everything you need to see.
I would recommend this hotel to tourists on a budget, not too cheap but affordable.
Go to Cahuita if you can, very beautiful there!
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Puerto Viejo
- La Perla Negra Beach Hotel
- La Perla Negra Beach Resort Costa Rica/Limon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Perla Negra Hotel is located in the popular but quaint village of Puerto Viejo on Costa Rica´s Caribbean coast. Geographically, we are located at Playa Negra (Black Beach), where, just beyond our hotel, you will find miles of stunning and deserted shoreline. In fact, our hotel is located directly in front of the Caribbean Sea and the beach is the most peaceful, quiet and secure place outside of Puerto Viejo.Although La Perla Negra Hotel and beach is secluded and private, you will always be just a short walk to town (less than 2 kilometers), where you can enjoy great restaurants, shop for locally made souvenirs and crafts, or dance the night away in one of the town´s lively nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your La Perla Negra Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.