This place was okay but if I had it to do over again, I would pay a bit more and stay at Banana Azul next door. The place was clean and we had no problems but it felt a bit deserted and run-down. The front desk was not staffed all night and they had no dogs so it seemed like a place that could be robbed quite easily. I wish that the rooms at least had a safe but ours did not. It is right on the beach which is a major plus. One tip - the outlets here only have 2 prongs so plan accordingly if you need to plug in some electronics!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Perla Negra Hotel is located in the popular but quaint village of Puerto Viejo on Costa Rica´s Caribbean coast. Geographically, we are located at Playa Negra (Black Beach), where, just beyond our hotel, you will find miles of stunning and deserted shoreline. In fact, our hotel is located directly in front of the Caribbean Sea and the beach is the most peaceful, quiet and secure place outside of Puerto Viejo.Although La Perla Negra Hotel and beach is secluded and private, you will always be just a short walk to town (less than 2 kilometers), where you can enjoy great restaurants, shop for locally made souvenirs and crafts, or dance the night away in one of the town´s lively nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Perla Negra Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Puerto Viejo
- La Perla Negra Beach Resort Costa Rica/Limon