This place was okay but if I had it to do over again, I would pay a bit more and stay at Banana Azul next door. The place was clean and we had no problems but it felt a bit deserted and run-down. The front desk was not staffed all night and they had no dogs so it seemed like a place that could be robbed quite easily. I wish that the rooms at least had a safe but ours did not. It is right on the beach which is a major plus. One tip - the outlets here only have 2 prongs so plan accordingly if you need to plug in some electronics!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Pearl is a Beach Front Rustic Accommodation, surrounded by an ecological, quiet and out of town atmosphere. You will find an atmosphere of relaxation in the South Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica. Enjoy the services of Puerto Viejo town as bars, nightclubs and restaurants with a variety of local and international food, surrounded by very kind and friendly people. Our Rustic Beachfront Accommodation offers you a unique style of sharing and enjoying the environment of Costa Rica's Caribbean,we do not sell you a room , we offer you peace, tranquility and good life view as it is in our place, whitout seals or stereotypes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Rustico de Playa Perla Negra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Perla Negra Beach Hotel Puerto Viejo
- Hotel Rustico De Playa Perla Negra Costa Rica/Limon