“Very relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manu Yoga Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Manu Yoga Village
You added Manu Yoga Village to your Saves list
Cocles, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica   |
San Francisco
“Very relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at Manu for three nights by myself. It was serene and relaxing (and also felt very safe). The bungalows are simple, yet sufficient (bed, mosquito net, shelves and a safe) and the porch overlooks the garden/trees. It was quite hot in the bungalow at night, so a fan would probably be useful but otherwise, the accommodation was very good. Definitely bring a flash light since it is very dark at night and the bathroom/shower and kitchen are a little hike down a slope.
The owners, Marco and Kristiana are very nice and helpful (e.g. calling a taxi or recommending places to go).
I took two yoga classes with Kristiana, which were great and the clay cleansing with Marco, which I can highly recommend. Thank you for everything Marco and Kristiana, I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Business
Haiku, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Manu Yoga was one of the first places we stayed on the beginning of a 6 month journey through Latin America, and was still one of the most memorable highlights. Marco and Christiana, and little Sara (we stayed just before Alessandro was born), were a joy to spend time with, and were wonderful hosts. The yoga facility is heavenly and we used it every day! Clover, my partner, was even invited to guest teach a yoga class. The cabins were cozy, and a great price for two people in Puerto Viejo. Any time we're back in Costa Rica, we'll definitely go back! Thanks Marco!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had unforgettable beautiful four days and nights in Manu yoga in the end of September. I just walked there from the center of Puerto Viejo and I found a paradise where lovely family was doing their everyday works.

I rented a bungalow (clean, simple, wonderful view) and participated all the programs during my stay. My program were something like that. Woke up at 8.00. Little yoga practice of your own on a breathtaking platform. Shower and then by bike to the town for a breakfast. I didn´t use the kitchen. Then walking and biking round the area, one hour on the beach and a light lunch about 1 pm. Then relaxing in the bungalow before the afternoon program (clay cleansing with Marco - what an experience). In the evening by bike to have a dinner and going bed about 10 pm.

Simple, easy and at the same time something unbelievably beautiful.

Marco and Cristiana were so friendly and they share kind of the energy that is rare.

Top three experience of my life. If I have possibility, I will come back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Ventura, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I did not stay the night here, I only did yoga and sauna.
I highly recommend both. The people who live there are the best! true yogis filled with love and peace, they also built the structures on the property. Impressive. Although the yoga is very gentle i still feel the affects in my body days later. I will go there again and am looking into their Yoga teacher training in January. If you go to Puerto Viejo (which was my favorite stop in Costa Rica), do your self a favor and find this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My friend and I recently took a class here at Manu Yoga and followed it with the Tuesday night sweat lodge. The class was perfect out in the jungle with just yourself and nature and led by Marco at a relaxing and simple pace that coincided exactly with our surroundings and inner need. The sauna after was even more than I expected. The facility was clean built by the owners and so relaxing and cleansing. We felt so energized after!

We found this by following the path out of curiosity up to the setting and met Marco and Cristiana along with their two children. What a delightful family that made us feel at home and left us with a desire to experience more. Which we did two nights later with the class and sauna. What a perfect way to end our trip!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
san jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went to Manu's place for a yoga class on a hill outside of Puerto Vieho. I must warn you, there is no reception and nobody will welcome you when you arrive. That was a bit disconcerting to me. The place reminded me of a ghost town and gave me an errie feeling. The idea of staying overnight in one of their cabins did appeal to me at all. Eventually the yoga instructor arrived and was very good. So I had a good time and enjoyed myself afterall. As it turned out my overall impression wasn't so bad.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Marco O, Owner at Manu Yoga Village, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hi Jane,

thanks for your visit and your review, specially for your nice words on yoga.

Anyone into yoga and meditation, spiritual awareness, love and respect for nature is very welcome here.

We don't have a steady reception, true. We are a family run business, fairly small, sometimes we have to run errands... but thanks for indirectly offering a good tip on when to find us for sure: activities! We are always there for those (two or three per day) and those are open to anyone, not only our guests: yoga classes, meditations, sweat lodges, clay cleansings, sharing circles, chantings, bhagavad gita or yoga sutra readings, nutrition workshops, teacher trainings etc... the activities schedule, as well as our e-mail and phone number, is written on our sign on the main road, and they are not hard to find on the net.
For those who like to stay with us, even for a short retreat, calling or e-mailing ahead is not a bad idea.

peace,
Marco and Cristiana
Lucerne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed in Yoga Manu Village for one week at the end after nine months traveling. I needed a place to rest and recapitulate all my amazing experiences. I just wanted to practising yoga and meditation every day. I didn't wanted a crowded place, lots of peoples and parties so it was perfect!!!

During my stay Cristiana and Marco were so friendly, always helpful and warm. I felt more like being part of a family as just being a tourist. I loved my little wooden hut for myself. I never felt unsecure or uncomfortable in this place. At night they call you a taxi if you wana go out, otherwise it's the best option to rent a bicycle to go to town. Takes just 10min.

By the way they have lots of wonderful activities apart from yoga and meditation, surprise yourself! You gona love it... :-D

If you look for a place in the jungle were you can practising yoga, meditation and other activities, meet interesting people and were you can explore and see every day hundreds of beautiful little wonders... just go and fill your heart with it. I will come back...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Manu Yoga Village? Share your experiences!