“Perfect nights sleep at Hidden Jungle!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hidden Jungle Beach House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Hidden Jungle Beach House
You added Hidden Jungle Beach House to your Saves list
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca - Black Beach / Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica   |
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect nights sleep at Hidden Jungle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I want to start by saying this is a special place. Not only is Lisa a wonderful host, she becomes family at the end of your stay. Her house is a clean, affordable, quiet and peaceful. She offers a comfortable bed in a private room, shared bathroom/shower, full kitchen and outside patio.
She has two adorable dogs, very friendly. And the great thing is her place is just a 5min walk outside of town, so quiet but close to anything you'll need. Her place fills up fast so make sure you pre book. Very easy through paypal through her website. She also offers lots of tours, we went on the waterfall tour which was absolutely fantastic! Pura Vida!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
What a lovely review, thank you so much! I try hard to make my guests feel at home. Your review makes all my efforts worthwhile!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

If you want to really experience the town of Puerto Viejo, this is the place to go. Just a 5 minute walk to town and a 3 minute walk to the beach allowed for many spontaneous choices. An important issue for when you're relaxing around this guest house. The guest house management was very responsive to my particular needs.

Frankly, this was the first time I stayed in a guest house rather than a private room (hotel). But even though I'm no longer 20-30 years old, I recognize that there is a special Atmosphere created as the semi-private quarters supported a more social experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thanks for the nice review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at Hidden Jungle Beach House.

I have never stayed in a guest house either, and then suddenly one day I was running one! I am around the same age as you are and hostels are just not comfortable for me. But a guest house is different. I consider everyone here a guest in my home and I do everything I can to make them comfortable. The shared kitchen makes for lots of interesting conversations and as you said, contributes to the social aspect of your visit. This is especially nice for lone travelers. Many of my guests enjoy the local activities together and become friends.
Berkeley, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

Beautiful, colorful, airy and simple living right off of Playa Negra. It's steps away from the beach and a short walk from Puerto Viejo's shops, restaurants, and bars. My favorite thing about staying here has been the fact that it's quiet and excluded, one can be in peace and harmony with nature, just listening to the sounds of birds, waves, or the rain. The kitchen is fully-equipped, which was an important factor for me, nice dining area available to share meals with friends. There is plenty of space and hammocks to kick back with a good book or journal and just relax. I recommend this to anybody looking for an authentic, local experience, privacy, quiet, and bountiful nature! Just lovely.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
How nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Hidden Jungle Beach House. Since you are a guest who has been working online during your one month visit, I am glad to hear the place was quiet enough for you to concentrate on your work. All those noisy monkeys, birds and insects can be distracting:) At least the sloths are quiet!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

After a sleepless night spent at a hostel in town, I was looking for a place to stay that was close to the action, but where when I went bed, I wasn't scrambling for my headphones and thinking dark thoughts about my dorm mates. Lisa's little place is it.

A great little hidden spot that's less than a 5 minute walk from town, you feel completely at home. A great kitchen with everything you need to save some money cooking at home, a friendly pair of dogs, a hot shower, and a nice little clean room. What more could you ask for? A full night's sleep? Done.

Make sure to ask about weekly and monthly arrangements!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very similar, so don't worry that you're missing out.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thanks for the nice review. One of the things I love about living at Hidden Jungle Beach House is the quiet tranquility. I'm so glad you agree. We are not a party house like some of the hostels. but My guests are friendly and convivial but really appreciate peace and quiet.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Lovely Lisa has worked wonders turning this fabulously airy, colourful wooden house into something very special; she had thought of everything to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Our room was compact, very clean and comfortable with spectacular views into the jungle. With Playa Negra just down the lane, who could ask for a better location. Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thanks for the very nice review. It feels so good to see my work pay off in my guests appreciation!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Looking for an affordable but charming place to stay in Puerto Viejo ? Well you found it! This modest but cozy abode is a perfect option if you are looking for an authentic and local experience. A much better option than a hostel, and Lisa, the housekeeper, is perhaps the most genuine person I have ever met. Full of information and a resident expert on Puerto Viejo, she made the trip that much better. The beach and the town is a short walk away and during the day and throughout the night you will be serenaded by all that nature has to offer. I am highly recommend!

Room Tip: Book in advance
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for the very nice review! I especially appreciate it since it comes from a real Costa Rican. You have lived in the United States but were born and raised in Costa Rica so you know what people want from both perspectives. Thank you for the compliments!
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I had been traveling throughout Costa Rica and Panama for a month when I visited Hidden Jungle Beach House, and this place was a welcome respite from all the others. The house was very clean with a good hot shower. Its location is absolutely ideal. You can walk to the beach in 3 minutes or to the main part of town in 5-7 minutes, yet it is very secluded and secure. The house is run by Lisa, a very caring and helpful person. All in all it is the best overall value I've encountered over a month of travel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
vida_nueva_lisa, Owner at Hidden Jungle Beach House, responded to this review, March 4, 2012
Thanks for the great review! It is nice to know that in all the places you traveled throughout Central America for the month, you thought mine was the best. What a compliment!

Been to Hidden Jungle Beach House? Share your experiences!