“Fred was wonderful and very helpful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Be My Guest Cabinas

You added Be My Guest Cabinas to your Saves list
Be My Guest Cabinas
300 meter from Banana Azul Hotel, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 70401, Costa Rica   |
Webster, New York
“Fred was wonderful and very helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The accomendations were great, very clean, and spacious! It was my first time traveling alone, not once was I not happy that I choose bmgc. Fred was very pleasant and helpful. Would highly recommend! It's a great deal! Cindy K

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed there with my cousin for 10 days. She felt so safe there that she stayed on after I left for another 2 weeks. The location is great. A few steps to the beach and a short bike ride into town. Fred, the owner, and his family are wonderful. The rooms are clean and spacious. Fred will share all the info you need about places to eat, visit, etc. the area is absolutely beautiful . Everyone is very friendly. One complaint, the pool was not functioning when we got there but Fred was working hard to get it up and running. Although, we spent our time on the beach so it didn't matter.

• Stayed July 2013
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our cabina (apartment) was very spacious and clean, with a small fridge, a coffee maker, and a 2 burner hot plate as well as a toaster oven. All dishes, cutlery, and pots and pans are stocked in your cabina.
Frederick is very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. He can give you advice on pretty much anything.....from where to eat (depending on what you like), to how to travel to the tourist sights.
If you are looking for a basic, clean and secure place to lay your head each night, then definitely book at Be My Guest Cabinas!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Atikokan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

we stayed at BMGC for 20 days and enjoyed our time in Puerto Veijo. The cabina was large and had all the amenities we needed. The cabina was clean and spacious with a small kitchen that we used on a regular basis. There is a small store 10 minute walk that you can get some groceries and the larger grocery store in town is another 20 minute walk. The ocean is a 5 minute walk and we were able to use the lounge chairs at Banana Azul as well as enjoy Happy hour drinks. Meals at Banana Azul were also very good. Fred and his family were very helpful in telling us of places to see and how to get there for a reasonable price. The area is beautiful and the only noise you will hear is the sound of the ocean and the birds in the area. We enjoyed daily walks and sight seeing. Thanks Fred for a great vacation spot.

Room Tip: there are four cabinas or apartments, 2 downstairs and 2 upstairs. We were in the downstairs and ha...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my overall experience at "Be My Guest Cabinas" The owner and his wife are very friendly and they try to assist you in any way possible. They explained EVERYTHING to me in great detail and being a single woman traveling along that means a lot. The rooms are very spacious and the atmosphere is ssoooo serene and its just steps away from the beach. I cannot say enough about the entire experience and I will definitely be planning my next stay there really soon.

Room Tip: It really dosen't matter what room you choose because they all have a front and side door and th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had been to PV four years ago and fell in love with Costa Rica. We kept dreaming of moving and life kinda got in the way. We decided to return a second time and live as locals to see if we still loved it. Our initial reserved room at another guest house was a nightmare. We inquired about a back up plan and were introduced to Fred. Well thanks to his hospitality and family our vacation was a dream. We are now actively pursuing property and look forward to our continuing friendship with Fred and his familia!!! I can't recommend him more highly!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had a lovely stay at Be My Guest Cabinas. Fred is very kind and will definitely help you save money with his great recommendations of things to do which are of little cost. There's definitely not a need to book through tour companies for your day excursions. The room was spacious and clean and resembles a small studio apartment with a very basic kitchen area. We saved quite a bit of money by eating in (there's a decent grocery store in town to get everything you need). The location is great. It's tucked away nicely in a serene spot and it's not too far from town. The access to Banana Azul was awesome! We were there everyday lounging by the beach and enjoying the happy hour specials. Overall, we had a nice stay at Be My Guest Cabinas. Thanks for the hospitality, Fred and family!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Be My Guest Cabinas? Share your experiences!