“Fantastic Falafel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pita Bonita - CLOSED

Pita Bonita
100 Meters South of Tree House Lodge | 200 Meters North of Selvins Restaurant, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 7304, Costa Rica
506-2756-8173
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Israeli
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Come enjoy our Freshly Baked Pita Bread, Hummus, Falafel, Salads, Chicken Shawarma,Lamb Kebab while, sitting among the vibrant trees of the the rain forest. Enjoy a game of backgammon while, sipping Turkish coffee or just take a break from your bike ride to enjoy a fresh lemonade with mint,a cold beer or cocktail. We are located just before Punta Uva,on the main road between Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo. Take Away Orders Possible.
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic Falafel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We enjoyed lunch here numerous times on our trip to Puerto Viejo. This was definitely our favorite lunch spot! The mint lemonade is fantastic and the pita bread is the best I have ever tasted. The falafel was the true star of the show for me! We've been home from PV for a week now and already miss this place!

• Visited March 2014

Renton, Washington, United States
“Outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Catching up on an over due review of this this little jungle gem. I popped in for lunch while visiting the area late February. I'm not the most open minded with new cuisine but found the restaurant and staff great. I had the chicken schwarama - absolutely delicious. The cucumber tomato salad accompaniment was awesome as were the hand cut French fries. I really enjoyed the Turkish coffee after lunch. Was my first foray into this type of cuisine and although I found similarities to other foods I've tried it was new and enjoyable. Great setting, great proprietor. Reasonable pricing and quite memorable. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Visited February 2014
Minnesota
“Fabulous location, good service and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We enjoyed lunch here and the location is beautiful. My boyfriend and I split a meal which was more than enough. This was hands down one of our favorite meals in Puerto Viejo and we were there for 1 week. It's nice to have a bit of variety other than rice/beans/meat =)

• Visited February 2014
Western Ireland, Ireland
“Best pita bread in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had read lots of reviews about this restaurant on TA and one day when cycling past we thought we would get some food to take home.We got Hummus, olives, a shredded chicken dish and of course their wonderful pita bread. It was all very tasty.They sell their pita in the local supermarkets, we bought it instead of ordinary bread it was so soft and yummy.Would recommend this restaurant highly.
Love Wendy x

Visited March 2014
“Always look forward to a dinner here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I love the sampler plate so with difficulty, forced myself to try some other dishes. They were great! Will return on my next trip. We can take the bus down for dinner and catch a cab back to town. Good cocktails too.

Visited December 2013