“great experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribe Horse Riding Club Day Tours

Caribe Horse Riding Club Day Tours
Playa Grande, between Punta Uva and Manzanillo, 300m South of El Refugio Restaurant, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 70401, Costa Rica
506 8705 4250
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Have you always dreamed of riding a beautiful horse on a picturesque beach? What about exploring the jungle in a very eco-friendly way? Make the very most of your time in Puerto Viejo by joining an exclusive horseback ride along one of the most incredible, and undeveloped coast of Costa Rica. Our tours combine both Beach and Jungle and range from relaxing rides, perfect for families to private rides for more experienced riders.If you prefer quality over quantity or poorly maintained horses, then our Horseback Riding Adventure is for you. Your guide has a life long experience with horses, our horses are all healthy, well fed and taken care of. Security is our main concern, and we are the only stable to offer helmets and back protection. We have special gentle horses to accommodate children from 6 years old on. We also offers special package such as swimming with the horses, honeymooners special, wedding events...Just ask!
Madison, Wisconsin
“great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and did a ride on our honeymoon - it was a long ride on the beach, and it was so worth it. Our guide was great too - she told us about different plants, and the area that we rode through, and she also took us to a point on the coast with a great view. I would highly recommend this!

Visited October 2013

Narara, NSW
19 attraction reviews
“Seems I wasn't as lucky as some”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I did enjoy this ride, but I have ridden on and off most of my life and do enjoy getting back in the saddle whenever the opportunity presents itself. Looking back over previous reviews, it seems that many people enjoyed the experience of swimming with the horses, cantering along the beach and spotting various wildlife. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of that.
It was a Sunday, a busy day with many locals enjoying the beach, including riding motorbikes along the sand, it was not really a good time to be cantering, that was not a big deal as far as I was concerned, so I'm not really complaining.
It was lovely to ride along the beaches and through the forest, but I can't claim that there was anything that made this ride more special than any other.
I will say though, that I was very pleased with the condition of the horses.

Liege, Belgium
“amazing ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

thank u for everything guys, it was incredible ! beautiful landscapes, really kind horses, i will remember it for sure !

Falls Church, Virginia
“Perfect Honeymoon experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I told my new husband that we should ride horses on the beach on our honeymoon, and so we did! It was a perfect day - Isa arranged for a driver to pick us up at our hotel and take us straight to the stables. The horses were bridled and saddled and off we went. The ride was a mix of beach and forest - I'm glad I brought a sun hat. Isa was a great guide, and could speak about the flora and fauna we passed on the trip. I wanted to lope the horse, and she picked a stretch of beach where we could carefully and safely lope for a bit. All in all, exactly what we were looking for!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 attraction reviews
“Get more than you pay for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This horseback tour was the highlight of the caribbean portion of our trip to Costa Rica. Our guide and his two sons were very friendly and excellent hosts. This tour is great for any rider from beginner to experienced. Our tour lasted longer than it was scheduled for so we could enjoy the beautiful evening. This is a great way to see the beautiful beaches south of Puerto Viejo de Talamanaca. We would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who wants a relaxing and unforgettable experience.

Visited March 2013