“Fantastic Ride!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribe Horse Riding Club Day Tours

Caribe Horse Riding Club Day Tours
Playa Grande, between Punta Uva and Manzanillo, 300m South of El Refugio Restaurant, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 70401, Costa Rica
506 8705 4250
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Have you always dreamed of riding a beautiful horse on a picturesque beach? What about exploring the jungle in a very eco-friendly way? Make the very most of your time in Puerto Viejo by joining an exclusive horseback ride along one of the most incredible, and undeveloped coast of Costa Rica. Our tours combine both Beach and Jungle and range from relaxing rides, perfect for families to private rides for more experienced riders.If you prefer quality over quantity or poorly maintained horses, then our Horseback Riding Adventure is for you. Your guide has a life long experience with horses, our horses are all healthy, well fed and taken care of. Security is our main concern, and we are the only stable to offer helmets and back protection. We have special gentle horses to accommodate children from 6 years old on. We also offers special package such as swimming with the horses, honeymooners special, wedding events...Just ask!
Birmingham, AL
“Fantastic Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our group of newbies and once-experienced riders (who hadn't been on horses in years!) had an unforgettable time. The horses were sweet, healthy, and fun to ride, the scenery was gorgeous, and the ride leaders were fun, informative, and made everyone feel safe. I'd recommend this trip to anyone!

Visited March 2013

Paris, France
“Healthy horses, fantastic tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I spent 2 weeks in Puerto Viejo to discover the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica in the beginning of June. I contacted Caribe Horse for a 2, 5 h tour and I have to say that the money was well invested! Doing a horse riding tour is a great way of discovering the beaches and even parts of the jungle. Amelie (my guide) was very knowledgeable about the region’s history, the vegetation and generally the Caribbean region. We had a great afternoon and I really appreciated all the information I got in this 2, 5 hours.
Very important for me was to see that the horses are in good shape. They are healthy and well fed. The international team working there can be considered as serious horse lovers. It is great to see that they really care about their animals and provide the right food, treatment and education to them. All saddles and equipment are imported from the US or Europe which makes the excursions more comfortable. While I have been on the farm, I saw that Caribe Horse also gives horse-riding lessons to kids and provides training programs in natural horsemanship. This surely makes a reason to come back! Continue the good work guys.

Visited June 2013
Canberra, Australia
“Good Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a very good Time and expérience !!
The horses are very Nice and you see beautiful areas.
It´s a good place to go and have fun !

Visited May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Journey into paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I found the most pleasurable tour thus far in Costa Rica by accident. I met a guy named Jurgen on a bus ride from San Jose who was enroute to visit a friend here in Puerto Viejo. This friend, Amelie, is the owner and proprietor of Caribe Horse Riding Club, and of course I took a tour. The experience was really phenomenal,... really. The beaches of La Playa Chiquita, and Punta Uva are so pristine, so very, very beautiful. The horses are well kept, and the new friends I've made are such good people. Professional and well learned of the local flora and fauna. I actually was shown howler monkeys, sloth and spotted a green parrot. The ocean is so blue along these beaches that you could see into it. If one ever has the opportunity, and no fear of horses, I highly recommend taking a tour with Amelie and company. A must do if in the area.

Visited June 2013
biarritz
“Best ride in a long time...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

As a seasoned rider, I'm usually disappointed by the quality of horses in riding clubs in touristic areas... well, i was proven wrong this time. The horse that Amélie gave me was absolutely amazing. Light frame but so much stamina and responding very well to my guiding. It was one of the best rides I had in a long time, not mentioning the scenery which is gorgeous. We rode for three hours on the beach and through the countryside. Our guide was cool and let us go at the pace we wanted, as he saw that we were good riders (not like other places where they are always scared that something bad happens and force you to keep a low pace all the time). At the end, we cantered for 5 long minutes non stop on the shore, at dusk... unforgettable!
Horses are very well taken care of (not emaciated and no injuries), the saddles are comfortable and all of this for a reasonable price. I will definitely ride there again when I go back to Puerto Viejo. I want to do the full day ride to Gandoca next time!

Visited April 2013