“Miguel was so helpful and welcoming!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caribe Horse Riding Club Day Tours

Caribe Horse Riding Club Day Tours
Playa Grande, between Punta Uva and Manzanillo, 300m South of El Refugio Restaurant, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca 70401, Costa Rica
506 8705 4250
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Have you always dreamed of riding a beautiful horse on a picturesque beach? What about exploring the jungle in a very eco-friendly way? Make the very most of your time in Puerto Viejo by joining an exclusive horseback ride along one of the most incredible, and undeveloped coast of Costa Rica. Our tours combine both Beach and Jungle and range from relaxing rides, perfect for families to private rides for more experienced riders.If you prefer quality over quantity or poorly maintained horses, then our Horseback Riding Adventure is for you. Your guide has a life long experience with horses, our horses are all healthy, well fed and taken care of. Security is our main concern, and we are the only stable to offer helmets and back protection. We have special gentle horses to accommodate children from 6 years old on. We also offers special package such as swimming with the horses, honeymooners special, wedding events...Just ask!
New Hampshire
6 attraction reviews
“Miguel was so helpful and welcoming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Miguel, our guide, welcomed us warmly and went out of his way to make sure that each rider had the right horse and was comfortable. Then, he and his son led us through the jungle and to the along the beach in an amazing ride. What a wonderful experience. I highly recommend this activity!

Visited March 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Dream vacation experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you enjoy moving through nature on the back of a horse, this adventure is for you. The horses are wonderful, well-trained and well-matched to the rider. We rode out with Miguel and his family and 2 of their friends on a beautiful tour through the ranch, along the beach and through the town of Punta Uva. Miguel's sons gave us all the information about the ranch, the horses, and nature. They were delightful companions. My husband is not very experienced but he felt completely comfortable and had a great time. For me, on our last day in Costa Rica, it was a perfect ending to a wonderful vacation. Pura Vida!

Visited March 2013
Tampere, Finland
47 attraction reviews
“First time on horseback!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I had never been on horseback before but it was great, fun and exciting! When we came to the stalls (taxi from/to the hotel was included in the price) it started to rain. We waited for an hour or so to see if it would stop but it didn't. Max (the guide) said that it was not raining that hard so we could go riding regardless of the rain. That is if we didn't mind getting wet. There were a nice young couple from the United States with us (he had neither been on horseback before), we all agreed to go for it. So we did. I got Balsam who was very calm, obedient and gentle for a non-experienced rider like me. Max told us the essentials, like how to steer the horse and how to make it stop. It sounded easy and off we went. Pretty soon we were in the beach walking towards Manzanillo. It was still raining but we hardly noticed it. The walk in the beach was really nice, beautiful views and the sounds of the sea. We visited the sightseeing point in Manzanillo, left horses there to rest for a while and took some pictures. Then we were ready to go back. The horses knew that and wanted to go faster. Max asked if we wanted to trod and gallop? I hesitated a bit but then I wanted to try. It was so easy to tell the Balsam that it is time to do some galloping. Actually, you had to have 'handbrakes on' if you didn't want to do it. On first time, I didn't feel comfortable, the horse was going too fast for my experience. I feared that I might fall off. Then I stopped the horse. It did stop but for sure it must have wondered what's wrong? Max gave me further instructions, I focused and we did try to gallop again. This time it went much better, I had the same rhythm with the horse and it was enjoyable. Wild! In no time we were again with the rest and walked the horses back to their stalls. They knew the way, no point to steer them.

So, it was really exciting and we all enjoyed very much. The horses are beautiful, behaving nicely and they are really well kept. And Max is very friendly as well.

The only thing why I didn't give 5 stars is the security. There were no helmets (on the other hand we didn't ask for those) and Max let me to try galloping although he knew that I had no previous experience on riding. But maybe he knew that I'm a natural born horserider! ;) I know that it was on my own responsibility (because we had signed the waiver) and I was doing that voluntarily but if there had been someone who didn't understand all the risks involved and the consequences, it could have been a sad ending for the trip. So, if you are worried about the security, ask for the helmets and don't gallop. Otherwise, have fun!!

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Happy Days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I went riding in the beach. I aso visited Puerto Viejo and its neighbourhoods. I also enjoyed eating at the restaurant next to the beach. Good prices as well!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Caribe Horse Back Riding - Absolutely Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We spent the most amazing afternoon horseback riding with Amelie! Her horses were fantastic with a great spirit and the saddles were in excellent condition.

We LOVE horseback riding and felt so free trotting on the beach, through the water! Amelie was the highlight though - she is incredibly knowledgeable and shared so much history about the area and its citizens with us. In addition to her historical knowledge, she is keenly aware of the environment and shared much information with us about the surroundings (the jungle, trees, etc).

While we honestly want to keep this part of CR a secret because we love it so much, we also know we cannot contain sharing our experience with Amelie. If you are in Playa Grande, we urge you to take a ride with Amelie!

Visited December 2012