“Always helpful, always reliable, all ways excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

506 2756-8412
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Gecko Trail Adventures is full service travel agency based in Costa Rica. We offer a wide selection of tours, activities and transportation all over the country. We are specialized in helping clients to set up a customized and authentic experience of the real Costa Rica.We plan your trip to maximize your holiday time enjoying the incredible nature and wide selection of activities, and make sure to offer a fun, safe and hassle-free experience of the best Costa Rica has to offer - whether this is for individual travelers, couples or groups, we make sure you get the right fit. Our Vision• Excellence in customer service• Innovative travel options• Professionalism in dealing with clients as well as with vendors• Provide the best quality possible• Use local providers and help the local community grow in a sustainable way• Fair employment of local staff including accurate training and salary
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
7 attraction reviews
“Always helpful, always reliable, all ways excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Even living here in Puerto Viejo, I'm a "frequent flyer" with Gecko Trail Adventures, not because I need someone to show me what to do, but because they just do it better!! When I need to book a shuttle for myself or visitors, when visitors want to canopy or ATV or raft... whatever.
Prompt, courteous, and accurate service is the staple of this business, it is obvious that they have high standards for efficiency as well as effectiveness.

San Diego
“Easy travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Gecko Trails made our vacation so easy. The fact that they plan a whole itinerary of activities, hotel, and transportation catered for you, makes it a much calmer, and easier experience when traveling in a different country. They also responded to my emails and requests for itinerary changes very fast and were very accommodating. Great company for planning a trip to Costa RIca!

Westerville, Ohio
“Great family vacation--highly recommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just got back from an amazing spring break trip planned by Gecko Trail. Lidieth was especially helpful(and patient) as we planned our trip. My husband and I and our 4 boys ages 6-15 went to Arenal, Monteverde, and Tamarindo and it was so nice to have everything planned ahead of time so we didn't have to worry about what tours to take and transportation. Gecko took care of it all! Loved the horseback ride/Fortuna waterfall tour, and the sky trek/sky tram tour. We especially liked Hotel El Establo in Monteverde and Tamarindo Diria Beach Resort in Tamarindo. I would definitely recommend them and would use them again.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I booked our 3 weeks trip to Costa Rica in March/April through Gecko. Gecko was responsible for all our hotels (7 in total), transfers between cities (9 in total) and excursions (9+). They are simply amazing!

Before/during the booking process:
- Gecko's staff are very professional, they have an amazing knowledge of the country.
- They are prompt in replying to emails (I never had to wait more than a day for a reply).
- They are never pushy trying to sell you/book things. They listen to your questions and take time to answer every single one of them (even the most stupid ones!)
- You can pay by credit card, debit card or via paypal, whatever you prefer
- Gecko will always try to accomodate you in case of change of plans, ilness (just remember it is not always in Gecko's hand)
- They are great in finding the hotels/excursions that are most suitable to you/your group
- Last but not least, I personnaly think that their price are excellent!

During the trip:
- All our transfers were on time, the drivers very nice and we always felt we were taken good care of.
- The hotels were as described or even better than Gecko's description
- The excursions/tours were fantastic, fun and most importantly safe
- Only once in our 3 week stay, a pick up time had to be changed (30 minutes early) and Gecko made sure they left a message at our hotel and send me an email (very professional)

I woud definitely recommend Gecko to anyone travelling to Costa Rica. Gecko, I think you guys rock and I would like to say a BIG thank you for organising this trip (I had wanted to visit Costa Rica for years!)

Visited March 2013
GeckoTrail, Owner at Gecko Trail Adventures - Day Tour, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Zerin

Thank you very much for your great review! I am sure the staff will feel so proud when I share this with them! It is always great to get a review like yours where it shows that it is worth putting in some extra effort to make a difference and that it is noticed and estimated by our clients! And mostly we are so glad you had a unforgettable time visiting Costa Rica!

Best Regards,
Nina
Winnipeg, Canada
“Gecko is amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We used Gecko for a 2 week holiday. they were amazing, helpful both before and during the trip. everything runs smoothly and on time. very flexible and service orientated. we actually had to postpone a trip for a year because of a health issue and they were amazing and generous with our rebooking. use gecko and tell your friends. One thing I would suggest to Canadians is air conditioning is not automatic in rooms so if it matters to you check that before you pick your rooms. It is very HOT there. As well we took many tours-canyoning, rafting, ziplining, hiking, snorkelling and they were all great. the only one we thought was not great was the volcano. it has not been active in years and the hike really had nothing to see. the hot springs were nice but they leave you there way too long. as well there is a 29 departure tax we were not aware of so just know that.