“Gecko Trail Adventures” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Gecko Trail Adventures is full service travel agency based in Costa Rica. We offer a wide selection of tours, activities and transportation all over the country. We are specialized in helping clients to set up a customized and authentic experience of the real Costa Rica.We plan your trip to maximize your holiday time enjoying the incredible nature and wide selection of activities, and make sure to offer a fun, safe and hassle-free experience of the best Costa Rica has to offer - whether this is for individual travelers, couples or groups, we make sure you get the right fit. Our Vision• Excellence in customer service• Innovative travel options• Professionalism in dealing with clients as well as with vendors• Provide the best quality possible• Use local providers and help the local community grow in a sustainable way• Fair employment of local staff including accurate training and salary
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Lafayette, Colorado
“Gecko Trail Adventures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The BEST vacation my wife and I have ever experienced. Not a lot to add because it's hard to improve on PERFECT !!! Everything, and I mean everything was accomplished efficiently by Gecko Trail Adventures. All the staff, transfers, and adventures were awesome. Thanks to everyone that worked so hard to put this together, especially Lidieth. We left our winter coats in Samara and thought that's the last time we'd see them. Lidieth made special arrangements to have the coats picked up and delivered to our hotel room in San Jose before our flight left for the USA. That was clearly an effort above and beyond the call of duty. What a great company !!!

Visited February 2013

rio de janeiro
3 attraction reviews
“NOT SURFING FRIENDLY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I dont recomend this group to surfers going to costa rica. after mentioning i had four boards they booked me on a shuttle that didnt allowed boards! one day prior my departure back home i went to their office to make sure they do carry boards and for my surprise they offered me a private shuttle to take my boards instead.i had to pay extra 100 dolars cause i didnt had time to book something else.on my way to airport with the private shuttle, it engine broke down and the driver said i couldnt complain to gecko office cause they ve already passed the money to the shuttle company. after 1 hour waiting on the side of the road in the middle of costa rica, the driver luckly fixed the bug in the engine and we arrived at airport very late!dont go with gecko, they dont like surfers!

Visited February 2013
GeckoTrail, Owner at Gecko Trail Adventures - Day Tour, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Vitor F

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. It is very important to me that our clients let us know if things have not gone the way they should or if our service did not meat the expectations.

Travellers with surfboards have indeed been a challenge. Not because of the travellers but because each provider has a different rule about how they like to handle the surfboards. Some charge extra for each board, others do not allow them at all. We try our best to be up to date on the constantly changing rules in regards to surfboards.

I have gone through your booking requests and e-mail correspondence and also spoke to the agent in charge of your booking. He admits that due to the extensive e-mail exchange, by the time he finally made the booking, he did not recall the surfbag you mentioned in one of your first e-mails. I also reviewed the situation with the agent who was attending you in our office. Given the fact we knew about your surfbag, he should not have charged you the difference for the private van. We will refund you the difference paid and do apologise for the mistakes happened. Though we try to provide excellent customer service, we unfortunately cannot always avoid that a mistake happens.

As for the engine problems, according to the report we received from the driver, he had to stop 20 minutes to look into the problem with the engine and was able to fix it. He reported no delay of arrival at the airport since you did not do the usual break we calculate into a travel.

Once more our apologises and we will go ahead with the refund in the next 2 to 3 days.

Best Regards!
Zürich
“rundum sorglos (don't worry, be happy) - Gecko Trail Adventures”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Coast to coast with Gecko Trail Adventures in Costa Rica january 2013: perfectly organized, safe transportation, everything on time, cool trips, lots of individual opportunities for every taste, beautiful and amazing country.
Don't worry, go for Gecko Trail Adventures.

Visited January 2013
United States
“Michael and Edwin were fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently traveled to the Puerto Viejo area (Punta UVA) and injured my back. We also had a bad experience at the villa where we were staying in Punta Uva. Knowing we had to leave immediately, we contacted Gecko who arranged a private van transfer from Punta Uva to Quepos. Our driver was Edwin and they included an assistant, Michael, who was in charge of helping us. Michael got ice for me along the way for my back, and did everything he could to see that I was as comfortable as possible. Kudos to these two guys!!! Edwin even sent me a follow up email to see how my back was doing.

Visited January 2013
The Pas, Manitoba, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Gecko made it Gold”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Was at the end of my rope looking at websites for Caribbean all-inclusive holidays, when my partner ask if we should try Costa Rica. He sent me the link to Gecko Trails. Well I did not expect what would happen next. After getting our airline tickets, Gecko did the rest. Every little detail was taken care of. Our holiday was shaped the way we wanted, and there were no surprizes, just smooth sailing all the way through. We wanted Puerto Veijo because it wasn't an area know for it's 500 room hotels, just small boutique hotels near the beach, in and out of town. We were booking into Hotel Banana Azul, 14 spacious rooms, dining, bar, and service to the beach as well. Ernesto, at Gecko, was never put out by all our questions, and always had an answer for all. Gecko Trails, should be awarded for there line "We make Costa Rica Easy",without a lie, this has been the best holiday of my life so far and I'm 55..Rest and relaxation was our menu and was completely delivered..Thanks Gecko, and we will start booking once more for the spring of 2014. We you have had the best, why change, there is so much more of Costa Rica to see, all in our own sweet time....Pura Vida.

Visited December 2012