“Gecko Trail Adventures makes travel easy!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Gecko Trail Adventures is full service travel agency based in Costa Rica. We offer a wide selection of tours, activities and transportation all over the country. We are specialized in helping clients to set up a customized and authentic experience of the real Costa Rica.We plan your trip to maximize your holiday time enjoying the incredible nature and wide selection of activities, and make sure to offer a fun, safe and hassle-free experience of the best Costa Rica has to offer - whether this is for individual travelers, couples or groups, we make sure you get the right fit. Our Vision• Excellence in customer service• Innovative travel options• Professionalism in dealing with clients as well as with vendors• Provide the best quality possible• Use local providers and help the local community grow in a sustainable way• Fair employment of local staff including accurate training and salary
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
“Gecko Trail Adventures makes travel easy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Thank you to everyone at Gecko Trail Adventure!

From the time we got off the plane and we were met by the Interbus and taken to our hotel to the pick up to go home. Everything was arranged perfectly smooth.

Our accommodations ( Adventure Inn, Volcano Inn and Banana Azul), our day trips (horseback ride, tour of the waterfall in La Fortuna, Our visit to the Jaguar rescue centre) our connections with interbus, everything went perfectly no delays.

I look forward to using Gecko Trail Adventure on our return to Costa Rica.

Visited November 2012

Cleveland, Wisconsin
8 attraction reviews
“You can't go Wrong!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I'm very delinquent with this post but ... My husband and I traveled with Gecko Trail Adventures in February 2012. We had a wonderful time! Every hotel, tour, transfer, etc. was top notch! Gecko Trail customized packages for us, made everything really easy, and their pricing was very competitive! We definitely plan on going back to beautiful Costa Rica and when we do, we absolutley will work with Gecko Trail Adventures again! Thanks for one of the best trips we have every taken!

Visited February 2012
Sussex, New Jersey
15 attraction reviews
“Used Gecko many times in Puerto Viejo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I used Gecko online to book my 1 day Pacuare River Raft trip. They provided all the information needed and the service was very prompt the day of my trip. I also book from their service desk in my Hotel, The Banana Azul, the 3-in-1 day tour which included the Animal Rescue Center, Chocolate Lady and Waterfall. It was a very interesting day. I also booked before hand their overnight tour to Bocas del Toro. They give you a choice of three different hotels to stay at. The difference is price. I went middle and I was not disappointed. Bocas is very interesting and the trip to Red Frog Beach was wonderful. Went there two times. Beautiful beach! I also booked my transportation back to San José airport. Seemed a bit costly but they could not get me in a group for a special rate. I would used Gecko again and recommend them highly!

6 attraction reviews
“Very helpful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We booked our trip through Gecko, including transfers, lodging and tours. The representatives were extremely helpful through the entire planning process and everything went according to the plan. I recommend Gecko for itinerary planning and booking-- they offer tons of lodging options and they were reliable, helpful and friendly. If I was to plan it again, I would pay closer attention to the travel time between locations, since the bumpy roads can make even a few hours seem even longer and I would not book tours/excursions in advance since we decided to change our plans quite a few times, based on how we felt and how the weather was. And you really can book everything as you are going along, at least that's what we found traveling in the Central Valley and Puerto Viejo in October! We defintely recommend the Jaguar Rescue in the Puerto Viejo area, but you do not need to book this as an excursion if you rent a bike and want to go on your own. I do not recommend the Waterfall and Chocolate. Our driver stopped at the supermarket along the way, leaving us in the van waiting for 15 minutes, so that he could buy a pineapple to cut-up at the Waterfall-- he had almost 2 hours to do this while we were at the Jaguar Rescue!! This was not a good use of our time, especially since the tour was running late and we were anxious to spend time at the beach. But aside from that, we had all positive experiences -- our lodging choices through Gecko were absolutely superb, staying at Casa Bella Rita, El Silencio del Campo, Mother Dear and Mawamba. Thanks Gecko!

Prague, Oklahoma
11 attraction reviews
“Awesome trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We went on the zip-line tour it was great, they got us there and back the zip line itself was
an experience that should not be missed.. It does have some pretty intense climbing so
be ready for that..so worth the climbing and the guys there were fantastic. Well worth the fee.