“Ridiculous” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mi Casa Hostel El Tesoro

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Mi Casa Hostel El Tesoro
You added Mi Casa Hostel El Tesoro to your Saves list
Playa Cocles, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica   |
Baltimore, Maryland
“Ridiculous”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Everything about this cabina felt dirty. It had two beds and several times when I returned to my room there was a cockroach scurrying away(it was on top of the bed sheet mind you)..My bathroom light did not work...I was awaken at early hours of the morning by people , maybe other occupents speaking very loudly...I also was awaken at about 4 am several days in a row by an animal or animals(maybe racoons) on my roof..The water in the shower was scolding hot(intolerable) I tried to reset on various occasions and it stayed the same and there was some sort of wierd worm in my shower...The fridge was in the bathroom...They did not change my towels daily although I asked them to do so....I was up early one morning preparing to go on a tour and There was broken glass scattered near the reception area...I asked one of the workers to clean it up because someone could get hurt and he just looked at me...Needless to say I checked out two days earlier and returned to Cahuita...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
cbztesoro, Manager at Mi Casa Hostel El Tesoro, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
First I am sorry that I did not respond earlier.

As well, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

As far as the cockroach, it does not make sense that there would have been any in the room, but I can promise you that you did not inform me of this. I do remember that you mentioned the tiny worms and we did clean, and LIGHTLY fumigate the room as soon as you mentioned that. But you were here at a time where they are everywhere, and very hard to completely eliminate - but with the changing season, they are now gone.

In regards to the light in the bathroom, well if you remember I was very embarrassed about that and explained that we had thought it was the florescent bulb, but then after purchasing one we found that it was the assembly - and they had none that size available to purchase so I put a small lamp in it's place during your stay.

People talking at 4am - well, that must of been some other clients on their way to the rooms - and on their behalf, I apologize.

After asking my gardener and handy man about the glass incident and getting nowhere, I finally realized that it was the night guard who I am ashamed to say was probably the most lazy person I have ever had working here, and no longer is with us.

Towels are available EVERY DAY, but generally the clients turn them in for a fresh one - I am only sorry that I did not explain that to you clearly.

I was not aware of any problem with the shower - there are 3 settings one of which completely disconnects power to the shower head for a cold shower - so when I saw the review, I checked it and it was fine, as well, the client that came in after you never complained.

And finally, if memory serves me correct - I discounted your price due to the length of your stay and then the average per night price was $34.00 for a private room with king size bed AND single bed, fan, private bathroom, screened windows with privacy shutters, front porch with hammock, free WIFI, Coffee, safety deposit box, and fridge ( there is no where else BUT the bathroom to put it - but that cabinet in the corner as you first enter the bathroom was built exclusively FOR the fridge).

Any way - again, on behalf of all of us here at El Tesoro, we apologize and thank you for your comments so that we can better attend the needs of our clients.

After 12 years here, this is the 3rd bad review out of many in many different forums.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)

Been to Mi Casa Hostel El Tesoro? Share your experiences!