A buddy and I stayed at La Kukula and had a great experience!
Having just stayed at another local hotel, I was a little bit disappointed when we arrived. There was no little bar or restaurant or people hanging around and it seemed really isolated. That disappointed lasted about 12 seconds before meeting Pepo and his family.
We had a couple of unforgettable nights with the jungle sounds and monkeys directly overhead in the trees. It's probably an 8 minute walk to two of the loveliest beaches you'll ever see. A handful of small restaurants, all good quality.
Best part was laying in the hammock on the porch at night in the darkness listening to jungle sounds.
We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Kukula Lodge is situated in Playa Chiquita/ Puerto Viejo, next to Refugio de Vida Silvestre de Gandoca-Manzanillo and Cahuita N.P.Built in 2008, La Kukula Lodge follows the principles of sustainable architecture and only plantation wood (teak) has been used in its construction. With its tropical-contemporary style, the bungalows blend naturally with the wooded surroundings: an ideal location to enjoy the flora and fauna the region has to offer. A simple path system running through the garden links each bungalow, the “rancho-bar” and the swimming pool. There are only 8 rooms available, all are very spacious and airy, with their own deck, fans, bathrooms and hot water from a hybrid solar/electric system. All rooms have fantastic views from private terraces onto the sylvan garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your La Kukula Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Kukula Hotel Puerto Viejo
- La Kukula Lodge Costa Rica/Limon