“Great Location, Great Hosts, Great Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Las Brisas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Casa Las Brisas
You added Casa Las Brisas to your Saves list
Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica   |
Victoria, Canada
“Great Location, Great Hosts, Great Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

We were told that the Caribbean side of Costa Rica is simply ok, full of crime and dirty. This can't be further than the truth. If it were true the Caribbean would never be able attract world class hosts like Michel and Oscar. These two hospitality industry veterans know the value of creating a memorable experience.

After a 3 week trip around the country we finished up with 5 days in the Caribbean. We found Casa Las Brisas via another hotel that was sold out and boy are we glad we did. With the beach at its footstep in a low traffic area you can have a relaxing vacation without breaking the bank. The beach is clean, the waters green and the only people you see are the ones going for a morning/evening run. The guys have set up hammoks right on the beach that make you feel like you are in a Carona commercial when you sit in them. Each morning while we ate a wonderful breakfast (try the French toast) we would pick the brains of our well informed hosts about all that the Caribbean has to offer. We felt completely secure, taken care of and relaxed. The hotel is perfectly situated outside of the hustle and bustle of the town but within a sort distance walk down the beach.

I cannot say enough about Casa Las Brisas. It is a must stay if you are in Viejo.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

If you want breakfast in bed this is the place to stay. Michele and Oscar were fantastic hosts.....I would request the French toast :)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Lago Vista, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

Secluded enough to feel quite private, with ocean waves lapping at your doorstep and beautiful birds everywhere. Nice to be able to use Banana Azul amenities, and then retreat to your own private bungalow. Micheal and Oscar were very helpful and accomodating, the service is some of the best I've ever had - and we travel quite a bit. Didn't miss the a/c or television - forced the kids to be more creative.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I ended up at Casa Las Brisas because Banana Azul was full and they send their overflow there. Banana Azull is wonderful - and I did enjoy their bar and restaurant, but I am so happy I got to stay at Las Brisas instead. It's like a wonderful tree house, all wooden and charming. The living area is well equipped and features screens over lattice, no windows -- which is perfect. You look out at the ocean. Plus, Michelle and Oscar take exquisit care of you . I will certainly come back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Prescott, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

My 21-yr-old daughter and I recently returned from a wonderful trip to Costa Rica and Panama. We were lucky enough to begin our trip @ the amazing Casa Las Brisas B&B in Puerto Viejo!
Our host was Michele, who was assisted by Oscar and Zina (the friendliest dog!). They made us feel welcome from the very start.
We arrived @ Banana Azul, and after showing us around, they called Michele and Oscar from next door to come and meet us. Banana was full, so they booked us in Casa Las Brisas, and we are so happy that they did!
We were escorted down the road along the beach, and arrived @ the most beautiful casa. It is a wooden structure, and guests have the upstairs, which has an amazing view of the ocean, and is like a private villa. Guests also have use of the Banana Azul amenities if they desire. We swam in their pool and had a lunch and dinner there. We also consulted with Gecko Tours, which is located @ the front desk @ Banana, and they are very helpful! They guided us to restaurants in Puerto Viejo, and arranged our shuttle to Bocas del Toro.
But Casa las Brisas is the real star of this review, from the hammock on the beach, to Michele's famous French Toast! We were very reluctant to leave, and can't wait to return! Michele is a true gentleman, and Oscar is so sweet! Zina is playful as can be! We were even inspired to write poetry in the guest book of this amazing place!

• Stayed December 2009
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

I went on my first solo trip to Costa Rica and ended up at Casa Las Brisas when Banana Azul was fully booked up. I have to say, I couldn't have enjoyed my time more! I loved the simple luxury of Casa Las Brisas. There are only two rooms, each with their own queen bed and sink/shower, but then with a shared toilet. I was lucky to spend most of my nights there without another guest, but even with another couple there on my last night, the shared bathroom was never a problem. You also get access to a refridgerator and mini-kitchen for any cooking on your own. The real treat is the manager Michele. He was the absolute most gracious host! Knowing I was alone and didn't know anyone, he invited me to join him for dinner at his favorite restaurant - an Argentinean Steakhouse who's name is escaping me right now. In any case, the meal was delightful and the company was excellent. I would highly recommend staying in Casa Las Brisas! Oh, and you're literally right next door to Banana Azul and have full access to their ammenities - including the free wi-fi which could be picked up at Casa Las Brisas on the patio.

Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

We booked at Banana Azul but they had a problem with our reservation so they referred us at Casa Las Brisas. It was pure luck because this "reservation problem" led us to discover an awesome location. Casa las Brisas is a little paradise, very private, perfect to relax, the view is great, the beach in front of the house is deserted so it makes this place a perfect spot not too far from town to enjoy la Pura Vida!

The host, Michel, is really helpful and a really good host. He is attentive and he is willing to help you to make your trip more enjoyable without being imposing.

The only downside, for those who want to spend a lot of time in Puerto Viejo (in town), is that it's a 30 minutes walk or 4$ for a taxi (one way).

They work with Banana Azul, so you can use their facilities (pool, Internet, etc...)

I highly recommended this place!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Las Brisas? Share your experiences!