“Perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Las Brisas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Casa Las Brisas
You added Casa Las Brisas to your Saves list
Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica   |
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011 via mobile

Like most other people reviewing Casa las brisas, we stayed here by default as Banana Azul was full. Yes, the Banana Azul resort is beautiful and being able to use it's facilities is a huge bonus, but Casa Las Brisas deserves credit in its own right. The photos on Tripadvisor really do not do it justice: The gardens are beautiful; the location right on the beach is unbeatable;breakfast right on the beach was unforgettable; and we loved the little cabin set in the gardens. I am very glad that we chose this place. The owner is very kind and
made excellent banana bread for
breakfast - and I hate bananas!

• Stayed August 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bay Area California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I stayed at Casa Las Brisas in July 2011. I took a chance and got a local bus to Puerto Viejo and arrived at Banana Azul with my bags and no reservation. They were fully booked but put me in touch with Michel. He had room in the Casita at Casa Las Brisas. I met Michel, Wilberto and Zeena - warrior princess - the "guard" dog. Some of the reviews say she is a puppy, well now she is big.

I had the luck to stay at both the Casita and one of the regular rooms, so I could compare. The Casita is smaller, but you have the ocean right at your window. You can fall asleep with the waves crashing on the beach, it is a very unique place. The rooms in the main house are a bit roomier and have the balcony to relax in.

Michel and Wilbert serve breakfast each morning, on the beach if you want it. Where in the world can you take delicious tropical fruits, fruit juice, freshly brewed Costa Rican coffee and a warm treat prepared lovingly by Michel, right on the beach, for the amazing prize of $69 it must be the best value for money anywhere.

In addition to this, Michel and Wilbert organize a bonfire every two or three days, and we get to talk to the other guests and make friends.

My favorite part of Casa Las Brisas is the privacy of the beach front. Very few people come up here from the other hotels or the town so it feels like it is your own beach.

While I was visiting there was a sloth that actually came down to the house. I spent $30 on a tour in Manuel Antonio to see Sloths at the top of the trees, and here the sloths come down to properties. It is amazing.

I would love to go back to this little piece of paradise.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Casa Las Brisas for 7 nites after having spent 4 nites in the Garden Bath suite at Banana Azul. While we absolutely loved the Garden bath, amenities and staff at Banana Azul, Michele and Oscar really go out of their way to form a lasting friendship with the guests. You have all of the amenities of Banana Azul but the peace, serenity and friends at Casa Las Brisas. Upon our arrival Michele was away on Business so Oscar was managing the Casa and he really pulled out all of the stops. Each morning Oscar served fresh fruit, followed by an amazing breakfast. The Casita that we stayed in was clean and very comfortable and after a morning of activity, we would spend the afternoons in the hammocks, on the beach or hanging out at the Banana Azul pool. Evenings were dinner at the Banana Azul or Puerto Viejo then a glass of wine while visiting with Oscar and Michele on the front porch of Casa Las Brisas.
My wife and I have traveled quite a bit and this vacation is #1 on our list. We tried to think of what we would tell our family and friends and the only word that comes close to describing this place and the people is "Magical". I would recommend either Casa Las Brisas or Banana Azul to anyone wishing to experience true serenity, sprinkled with exciting adventures and the best part of our vacation was visiting with the locals and getting to know them. So many times you go somewhere and the staff is so busy you really don't get a chance to know them but we left Costa Rica with lifelong friendships.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My boyfriend and I were here last summer and still talk about our wonderful stay - we can't wait to go back and have recommended Casa las Brisas to lots of friends and family.

Putting ourselves in Michel and Oscar hands really helped us make the best of our time in Costa Rica! Michels famous banana bread made a lasting impression - our breakfasts were amazing day after day.

Of all the beaches we visited while in Costa Rica, the black sand beach just outside the gate of Casa las Brisas was by far the most beautiful. We loved the days we spent in the hammocks on the deserted beach - alone except for Xena, Michels friendly dog and our constant companion.

Having the hotel Banana Azul right next door was most convenient: bike rentals, tours and a great restaurant all just minutes away.

We really can't say enough good things about Casa las Brisas and will most definitely return!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
trenton, nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

My girlfriend and I were looking for a place near the beach that was nice, quiet, near the beach, and not too expensive. We found out about the Beach Cabina at Casa Las Brisas accidentally through Banana Azul, a hotel that is affiliated with Casa Las Brisas. it was serendipity! we were the fourth couple to stay in the Cabina and it was wonderful! its small, cozy, and about 25 yards from the beautiful, quiet beach. The Cabina is just one room (the bedroom), which was nicely decorated, and has an attached bathroom.

Although this location is a private bed and breakfast, having the cabina and i believe two or three other rooms at the main house, we still enjoyed all of the amenities of the Banana Azul at no extra cost (pool, use of restaurant, etc.) if we wanted. its also conveniently located just outside of downtown Puerto Viejo, about a 10 minute bike ride or 25 minute walk up the beach.

Michele (sp. ?) and Oscar were amazing! And, of course, Xena (his sweet dog) was such a pleasure to have around also. Michele is the owner/manager of the B&B. He's a wonderful person to meet and very pleasant to talk to or hang out with. As far as a hotel or B&B goes, It was by far the most attentive and helpful service that i have ever experienced. He went out of his way to help us and make our stay perfect.

We were both so happy that we found the Cabina and stayed there while in Puerto Viejo. theres just so much to say about our time at the cabina but words never really can describe the actual experience. who wants to read all of that rambling anyway. Ill just say, you really should experience it. We both highly, highly, highly recommend staying at Casa Las Brisas! Its budget friendly, conveniently located, has a highly attentive staff, and, of course, is located on a gorgeous, quiet Caribbean beach! we would absolutely stay there again

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here as part of a tour we booked with Gecko Trail. Originally we were planning on booking the Banana Azul, but she went ahead a chose Las Brisas instead. I can't tell you how happy I was that she did. I don't know many other places where you can get this type of experience: 50 meters away from what is essentially your own private beach, a wonderful room with vaulted ceiling room with varnished dark wood, spacious balcony, super management.
I also don't know where else you can stay where you can leave the french doors leading into your room wide open for your entire stay and not worry about it?
The breakfasts were also wonderful and can be served to you either on the terrace upstairs over looking the beach, or right on the beach itself.
What really makes this place is Michel and Oscar who are truly excellent hosts and made me feel that I was leaving my home towards the end of the trip. I was especially impressed with Michel who goes out of the way to make sure everything is perfect for you and will arrange anything you need (transport, reservations etc.). I have spent alot of time in the past travelling for both business and pleasure and when I watched the way Michel handled himself it was obvious we were with a true professional. He seems he would be just as comfortable managing a small 3 bedroom location like Las Brisas as he would be managing a Four Seasons resort.
Thanks guys for the great time.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here last year. Michel and Oscar are incredible hosts who offer great advice and even better morning coffee:) Our upstairs suite was lovely--clean and quiet. It seemed as if we had our own private beach right outside the front door--complete with heavenly warm water! Nice to have access to Banana Azul...DO NOT pass up the delicious fresh fruit daquiris at their outside hotel bar. Spend mornings walking on the beach into town for some quaint local flavor. If you can handle a trek rent bikes for the day and ride to Punta Uva--another gorgeous beach. Thank you to Michel and Oscar for thier warmth and hospitality. Casa Las Brisas is such a treasure!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Las Brisas? Share your experiences!