“Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Sense the magic of the rainforest with its mystery and allure. Start your Pure Jungle Spa experience by soaking your feet in an aromatic infusion of flowers and botanicals in a hand-hammered copper basin, while you sip our signature jungle elixir; smell exotic scents; feel the tropical oils massaged into your body; and hear the rhythms of birds and bugs with an occasional call from a toucan or the roar of a howler monkey.
Blue Hill, Maine
10 attraction reviews
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

During our stay in Puerto Viejo my partner and I made many trips to Pure. It's a full-service spa and a great place to shop for local cosmetic and chocolate gifts including fresh chocolate soap. The staff is welcoming and the waiting area/gift shop is surrounded by the tropical garden with fountain and lilly pond. It's worth just popping in to enjoy the ambiance anytime.

Visited April 2012

Portland, Oregon
“Loved it here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Massage was great, people were nice and SO accommodating. I was traveling with my daughter and they set her up with internet and chocolate and drinks while she waited for me. I never expect that from people becuase they are usually put off by children. The atmosphere is lovely...all around great.

Visited June 2012
Portland
6 attraction reviews
“Blissful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had a body treatment and full body massage at the jungle spa, and it was amazing. It started out with a foot soak and a ginger drink. The massage was amazing, and just what I needed to relax. With the body treatment and massage together being an hour and a half, I did not feel rushed at all. To top it all off, taking a shower in the private garden is wonderful. After I was done, I was treated to cucumber water and a piece of hand crafted chocolate. Highly recommended!!

JoeBrasil
“Sweet details, great massage and facial”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had a facial folowed by a massage, both were great, the facial was very refreshing and the massage, just relaxing. The place is beautiful, the name is really fair, it´s a small area filled with plants and beauty. The details really got me, the local drink with ginger, the little chocolate and the women that attended me (Denise and Roxy) were very sweet.

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
9 attraction reviews
“You HAVE to do this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This is one of the best memories I have from my trip to Puerto Viejo years ago. The chocolate massages are just amazing--king of gritty at first (exfoliation), and then afterwards you wash it off and your skin feels softer than you ever thought possible thanks to all the cocoa butter. It smells delicious too. I also really loved how nice the owner was and all the little touches she added--free chocolate and agua de sapo (refreshing gingerade). I would return in a heartbeat!

Visited August 2011