“ZIP-LINE SUPREME” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 12 Activities in Puerto Limon
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 20 years tour operating experience in Costa Rica, Greenway Nature Tours is excellently positioned to fulfill all your Costa Rica Travel - Vacation and tour requirements. Our business is making your dreams of the ultimate Costa Rican rain forest come true. No other tour operator can offer you our personalized service, expertise, information quality and staff capability to organize vacation and travel in Costa Rica efficiently and safely - from coast to coast all to match your budget. We are experts on Costa Rica Vacations, Eco-tourism, Tours, Transfers, Shore Excursions and Educational Trips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Helendale, California
“ZIP-LINE SUPREME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My husband signed us up for the zipline in Costa Rica. We are in our 70's and it would be the first time for both of us. I was more than hesitant, being afraid of heights and downhill speed. The day came and I was snarly to my husband; he detected it was aprehension about the whole thing; but we took off at 8:00 a.m.
Not only was our tourguide, Jacquey, wonderfully informative, she was bright and cheery; knew everything about her native Costa Rica. It was probably the best nature lesson I have been privy to.
Now, to the zipline - yikes! It was EXHILARATING to say the least. There are 12 stations, with large enough platforms to have 5 or 6 people on them at a time. Everything was so safe and I was amazed at my new confidence.
Then it was off to Tortuguero Canal, where we slowly observed the sloths, a little green dragon, some howler monkeys and some pretty wonderful-looking birds on a canal boat holding about 18 of us.
Then were were off to a banana platation, where we learned almost everything about bananas from ground to shipment that was possible. Terrific - our Jacquey stopped and bought the whole bus these fabulous apple bananas! 'Cannot describe the flavor - we don't get bananas that sweet here in the States.
It was a full 6-hour tour and we enjoyed every minute. THIS is a must-do excursion. THANK YOU GREENWAY and my new friend, JACQUEY.

Visited March 2014
Mario L, Owner at Greenway Nature Day Tours, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Hello Janie:
Thank you very much for your positive post. We really appreciate it.
Our Combo Tour is a great option for all those passengers with just few hours in Costa Rica.
This combines nature and adventure in one. We are so happy to hear that you enjoy both.
Hope to serve you in the near future.

Phoenix, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
“6 IN 1: Limon Highlights Tour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The tour was okay. Just okay. The small buses/vans were extremely tight - worse than economy airline seats. My legs had to stick out in the aisle. The mic/speaker system was not very good, so I missed a lot.
The tour rated Activity Level is "Easy". I had no problems, but I would rate the rainforest walk as Moderate. The walking path is narrow, gravel, small rocks, and some dirt, and has lots of steps. It is mostly downhill. There were so many people on the tour that it was hard to be close to the guide to hear.
The "Coastal Drive" - I'm not quite sure what that is.
The banana plantation was interesting, and a girl on the plantation had a sloth that she said she "found", but we think she gets tips for taking her picture with it; but it was interesting to see a sloth up close.
The boat ride on the canals was interesting as the guide saw several lizards, sloth, monkey, etc. that we couldn't see until she pointed them out.
The best thing I can write about for this tour was the guide used a laser pointer to point out animals, etc. which really helped.
I don't think anyone got off the bus to go souvenir shopping but instead we all headed for the ship.

Grande Prairie, Canada
“Combo Tour Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We just returned from a cruise, and took a tour with Greenway. This was by far our favourite port because Greenway made it so much fun. We were met by a beautiful , smiling lady named Jackie. She was so fun to be with, and an amazing wealth of information of her country. We started with the Ziplining through the Rainforest and the crew there was very helpful, and made you feel safe, then we took a river cruise saw a few birds, sloths, and monkeys. I asked if we could also visit a banana plantation and we did, it was amazing, then she stopped and bought the whole van bananas, yum. I would recommend this too all. We spoke with people who took the same tour with a ship excursion and they were not as satisfied as we were. Thanks again Jackie.

George Town, Grand Cayman
“Fantastic with a big group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We took a school trip of 80 to Costa Rica and Mario's team were amazing from start to finish. The activities were great for the kids (and accompanying teachers!) - from white water rafting and volcanoes to stuffing our faces with fresh strawberries and making our own candy from sugar cane. Their programme was flexible to suit our needs and our guides, Jackie and Giselle were fantastic. The trip could have been a challenge with such large numbers, but Greenway's organisation and enthusiasm meant that we all had a great time. Would thoroughly recommend!

Visited February 2014
London, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Granny Zip Lines!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I were recently on a HAL cruise to the Panama Canal with a stop in Limon. We organized a trip with Greenway to the canals and zip lining. Our experience with this agency was first rate. We were met as advertised on the pier, transported with 8 others in a comfortable air conditioned bus with seat belts to the rain forest where my husband and I were the only ones to zip line while the rest of the group went for a walk. Both of us are 70 and had never done this before but we felt completely safe. The harnesses were comfortable and securely attached and with two lines we were never unattached from the main wires. In addition we had well fitting helmets.Two guides helped us on and off platforms, safety is a high priority with this agency. We had hoped to reach platform 5 but had such an adrenaline rush that we travelled the whole line. I would recommend it to anyone, in fact several people on the walk regretted their choice not to try it. The rest of the excursion was fun too, we saw lots of animals in the canal area, had two fresh fruit snacks and the visit to the banana plant was far more interesting than I expected. Our guide, Jackie, was well informed and mixed humour with facts about Costa Rica as we travelled. A great day out and at 5 hours just the right amount of time.