I read the negative reviews before writing this. I have to say, there is nothing monastery-like about it. Your hosts (which is what they are, not a hotel service) will make a delicious, filling, fresh breakfast for you every morning. And if that isn't enough, they ALWAYS ask if you want more. And not in a way that makes you uncomfortable to accept, in a way that makes you WANT to ask for more. The hosts are seasoned travelers themselves and know what people from various areas like. My girlfriend and I are American, so they offered us pancakes, omelettes, bacon, whatever we wanted. We asked for bacon one time and he was so delighted to make it, he went back in immediately. The breakfast is the best you'll ever eat: Service and selection is better than any American restaurant and the coffe is better (and just as unlimited).
As far as Cahuita, if you came to get high and party all night with other tourists and expats, Cahuita may not be for you. You can party, for sure and its a 30 minute drive to Puerto Viejo de Talamanca where yo ucan get that experience, but Cahuita proper is on the smaller side, with a few good restaurants, drinking establishments, and souvenir shops. Cahuita is a place to relax and Coral Hill reflects that.
I am also a season traveler. I just turned thirty and have more than thirty countries in my various passports. Finding a clean, safe (and it is very safe, despite not being in a well-lit area, and especially with it's relative proximity to Limon, I never felt unsafe or in danger) place with good food, potable water, and a very personable pair of polyglot hosts who are gracious and caring at every turn, attentive to your need to get away, relax, and/or have fun, know everything there is to do in the local area (who will also arrange it for you at your request, at no extra charge, and can even get you a discount sometimes) is a godsend for anyone who just wants a few days to relax and enjoy where they are without any added pressure.
Their dog is a adorable, doesn't bark, is well-behaved, and is the sweetest guy.
Basically, Coral Hill thought of everything you'd need or want. they provide you with insect repellent, sunscreen, and beach towels.The maid is amazing, the groundskeeper has a sixth sense for when there are sloths to see in the trees, and while bugs do get into your room (you are on the coastline, next to a rain forest, it's just going to happen), they provide you with ceiling fans and mosquito nets to help you sleep comfortably . What resort is going to do all that? I was so happy to call Coral Hill my home for a few days. I would love to go back. Hell, I wish I could buy the place.
Blake Stilwell - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also Known As:
- Coral Hill Bungalows Hotel
- Coral Hill Bungalows Hotel Cahuita
- Coral Hill Bungalows Costa Rica/Cahuita
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our little piece of Paradise in the jungle. We are a deluxe luxury accommodation offering impeccably clean rooms in a beautiful garden environment just steps to Playa Negra, with a gourmet breakfast included. You are surrounded by the animals, birds, butterflies, flowers, trees and sea. Come see us and enjoy the unique place we have to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Coral Hill Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.