“Delicious Pizza and Ice Cream!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations
Escazu, Costa Rica
“Delicious Pizza and Ice Cream!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went to Cocorico twice during my two night stay in Cahuita. While I found the other restaurants a bit disappointing, Cocorico lived up to its name! The first night, I had pizza and it was divine. Many times I find pizza to be so-so in Costa Rica. They often use the famous "squeaky cheese" but this stuff was as Italian as it gets in Costa Rica. I also had the Guanabana fresco which was frothy and delicious!

The next night, we went to another restaurant and I found myself wishing we had gone back to Cocorico! We ended up there for dessert. I had the chocolate and macadamia ice cream. Quite an indulgence!

I think it's cool that the restaurants show movies and encourage customers to take it easy. Our service was nothing but fantastic. Some of the movie scenes were a little graphic and less than appetizing but for the food, I can definitely deal!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Corona, California
“Great Food and Best Service in Cahuita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

The waiter is very professional, speaks several languages, and makes you feel welcome without hovering about the table. The raviolis are some of the best I have ever had. They are homemade and made fresh daily. The pizza was also very authentic Italian. The mixed drinks are refreshing and during happy hour you get 2 for 1. We ate here several times during our 10 day stay. Oh and they have a really nice projector which they show movies and TV shows on.

Visited May 2012
Lawrence, Kansas
“Good food, great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This place is a good place to grab a beer and relax. The ceviche is wonderful.

Visited June 2012
vietnam
“Excellent meal and great host ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Wonderful ravioli stuffed with spinach ... made by the owners mother in law. What a treat ... the place was busy and the staff was very friendly.

Visited May 2012
Cahuita, Costa Rica
“Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Recently took four children aged between 1 and 8 to Cocorico in Cahuita. I'm always nervous about taking kids out to eat but we were welcomed, the food came fast and everyone tucked into tasty pizza. The owner, Michael was kind enough to put cartoons on his video screen for entertainment and everyone was happy!

• Visited May 2012