“Spectacular Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aviarios del Caribe Sloth Sanctuary

Aviarios del Caribe Sloth Sanctuary
35 Kilometers south of Limon and 10 Km from Cahuita National Park, Cahuita, Costa Rica
011-506)750-0775
Douglassville, Pennsylvania
16 attraction reviews
“Spectacular Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have rarely had such a wonderful experience. My partner and I did the insider's tour (150$ as opposed to 25$). It was completely worth it. While you do get to touch a sloth on the more basic one, I got to kiss and feed a sloth, and it was unbelievable. Sloths have been my favorite animal for a long time, so this was a dream come true. Additionally, a canoe ride was included that allowed us to see a mother and baby sloth in the wild very close up. We also saw howler monkeys, which was really neat. The sanctuary is doing some amazing work, and I was very happy to be able to contribute to the cause. Everyone was very kind, and the sloths are clearly well taken care of. I could not have been happier with my experience.

Visited December 2013

Halton Hills, Canada
28 attraction reviews
“Super cute sloths”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We arrived at the sanctuary in the rain and lined up for photos with Buttercup (the sloth) who was the reason this sanctuary exists. Our group was fairly large, so they split it into two, half going to see the adult sloths first and half to the baby sloths. The grounds also included a short walk through the rain forest (wear insect repellant - you will need it) and a short canoe trip.

The gift shot was nice. I bought a ladies T-shirt that fit small $20.00 - doesn't fit well, but I wish I would have bought a small painting for $25.00.

We were offered a drink and local fruits as part of the package.

Visited December 2013
New York
4 attraction reviews
“Misunderstood Critters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Two hours well spent dispelling myths of the gentle Sloth. In addition to a cool canoe river tour, we spent an hour learning about and interacting with rescued sloths. Just a great way to spend a morning.

Edmonton Alberta
14 attraction reviews
“Once in a lifetime”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Visiting the Sloth Sanctuary is one of the those experiences that are interesting and you're glad you did it once - but definately not something you'd do again. Our stop here was apart of a full day of touring in Costa Rica and we didnt realize it included a canoe trip nor did we want a canoe trip as we had booked a tour on the tortugeauro canals - so the value just wasn't here for us. We shortened our tour from 2 hours to 1 hour and just visited the four 'adult' sloth pens and the saw the nursery. Our guide Geoff was very helpful and friendly and full of facts. We did not see, nor were we offered to view the 'movie' so I can't comment on it. We left feeling very enlightened about Sloths, however, even 1 hour was plently of time for what there was to see about 'sloths'.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Business not a sanctuary”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We drove 3.5 hours out to the sanctuary, only to be told when we got there that a rich family had flown in and closed the place for a private tour. No reservations would be honored. Absurd. Don't bother wasting your money.