This probably was a grand dame at one time, but its golden age has passed it by.
So lets start... At check-in, my wife inquired where the bathrooms were, and after she left to find them the clerk and bellman made fun of her pronunciation, thinking my Spanish was lacking too. I replied in English "Its not polite to make fun of a guest" and the clerk played dumb. The bellman took our bags to the room and left them in the middle of the downstairs, not bothering to take them up to the bedroom. He also failed to show us around the room at all and failed to mention that a key placed in a slot was required to work the lights.
The room has seen better days, a torn chair, frayed carpeting, an armoire with no television. The highlight was the downstairs bathroom that had used toilet paper still left in the waste can.
The majority of the staff acted dour and sour, as if they would give their life to be somewhere else. The only pleasant staff member was Norma at the breakfast buffet.
Have a look at the attached photos and then run for another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Condesa Hotel & Villas is located just 15 minutes from the center of the province of Heredia and 40 minutes from Juan Santamaria International Airport. Surrounded by gardens, mountains and fresh air, has an average temperature of 20 degrees during the day and at night can drop to 12 degrees.The hotel has 95 beautiful rooms, all with beautiful panoramic view of the mountains as well as 8 Rustic Villas amidst the gardens, as well as International cuisine restaurant, Room Service, Bar, Heated indoor pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, Spa treatments, conference rooms from 5 to 400 people, business services and free wireless internet access throughout the hotel, emergency medical service and 24 hour reception, parking and laundry.Rooms feature: save deposit box, blackout, cable TV, telephone, hair dryer, minibar, daily housekeeping, free Internet access, irons and ironing boards.The friendly and experienced personal help to supplement an atmosphere surrounded by nature, quiet, comfortable and stress free. Stay at La Condesa Hotel & Villas and enjoy a mountain hotel near the city ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel & Villas La Condesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Villas La Condesa
- Hotel La Condesa
- Hotel & Villas La Condesa Costa Rica/San Rafael