We stayed here for 1 night before flying out of the country, and although we had some problems at the outset, they were (mostly) resolved. The photos show a nice pool, which I'm sure it is when it is filled and not under repair. The food in the restaurant is probably very good when the area is not full of noise and dust from the workers. They offered to shuttle us to another hotel pool, but it wasn't worth the trouble with the limited time available.
They have an airport shuttle, but we didn't realize it began at 6:00 AM; we needed one earlier for a 7:30 flight, and had to pay $15 for a 3-mile ride. (Tourist prices: the same fare in town for a local would be about $5).
Our only real complaint was that we we prepaid in full a non-refundable room, that was supposed to have 2 king beds; upon arrival, we learned that this room was not available. At first, they wanted to put us in a standard room (2 queen beds). When I complained that this is not what we paid for, the manager agreed to upgrade us to a 2-room king suite, which I have to say was quite nice. My only question: what if this had not been available? This is the reason I am not keen on "non-refundable" prepaid hotel rooms, and if a hotel is going to offer them, then the room paid for absolutely must be available if they are to maintain their credibility..
All in all, we had a good stay here despite the amourous couple next door. The immediate area isn't much to see, but there is a small plaza a block away with some nice restaurants (live music at the Italian) and even a Fresh Market where you can buy a quick sandwich.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax and Enjoy at San Jose Hotel's Location in Costa RicaAn inviting atmosphere, quality services and a convenient location near San Jose International Airport makes the Country Inn & Suites the perfect place for San Jose visitors to land. This hotel's location in Costa Rica offers thoughtful amenities designed to encourage rest and relaxation with two swimming pools, an on-site Fitness Center, an on-site restaurant and spacious guest rooms featuring attractive decor and home comforts. The Country Inn & Suites San Jose, Costa Rica hotel is perfect for business travelers, families or newlyweds as its conveniently located near downtown San Jose and major attractions like INBioparque, Volcano Poas and the Cafe Britt coffee plantation. Book online today and discover why this San Jose hotel's location in Costa Rica makes a great relaxation destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Carlson, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose, Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites San Jose Hotel San Antonio De Belen
- Country Inn And Suites San Jose
- San Jose Country Inn
- Country Inn San Jose
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Jose, Costa Rica San Antonio De Belen