“Small, nice hotel, close to the airport, with good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn

You added Adventure Inn to your Saves list
Adventure Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ciudad Cariari, Autopista General Canas | Between San Jose and SJO Airport, San Antonio De Belen, Costa Rica   |
Hamburg
“Small, nice hotel, close to the airport, with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2009

Small nice hotel, directly (50m away) at the motorway to San Jose, but very close to the airport (15 minutes drive, US$ 8,- cost). There is nothing to do at the near surrounding of the hotel, so you will need a car/taxi, but for a short stop-over at Costa Rica it's fine. The rooms are very clean and have a very good size - unfortunately not all of them are having an outside window ! Some of them have only an inside window (ask for outside when booking the room). All of them have a small coffe-machine - coffee/sugar/milk powder are free! The restaurant (directly inside the hotel - without any window) has a small menu, but it's fine. The only 'bad thing' is that you have to pay immediately and cannot add it to you hotel-bill. All hotel-people are very nice and helpful. I stayed only 1 night - but at my next trip to San Jose I will stay again at 'Adventure Inn' !

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

We had a pre and post cruise stay at the Adventure Inn and it was a wonderful experience.
The rooms were quite large, very clean and well appointed. The staff could not have been more helpful. The location was just perfect - on the outskirts of San Jose but within easy distance for sightseeing, shopping, city market, etc. We would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler who wants all of the comforts at a very resonable price. The nightly rate was $79.00 which included all taxes and a wonderful cooked to order American breakfast.

Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

We had a short stay here our first night, so I'll keep my review short.
It's very close to the airport on a busy street, not up on a hill like some pictures kind of misled me to believe. Take an official taxi from the airport and don't freak out like I did when you see the meter register 4875, remember that's colones. It's actually $10.00 US and the hotel takes that off you bill, along with a 10% discount for paying US cash. not bad. It's small and quaint with large spotless rooms and I especially liked all the computer screens on the 2nd floor. (no wait) We wanted to let everyone know we arrived safely.The cooked to order breakfast in the morning was beyond what I expected and the staff couldn't have been nicer. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I needed to be by the airport.

central US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

I have stayed at the Adventure Inn in San Jose, Costa Rica many times (I think twelve or thirteen) and I can tell you it is an extraordinary hotel for many reasons. It is close to the airport in the peaceful Cariari area. The rooms are large, exceedingly clean, air conditioned, quiet, and priced very competitively. The hotel has 24 hour security personnel and the front desk is always manned with the most delightful employees, all of whom speak perfect English. The hotel has a bar/restaurant, the Moon Glow, which serves a complementary breakfast for hotel guests as well as excellent lunches and dinners, or just drinks and bar foods. The hotel is only $2.00 taxi fare from the Cariari Mall which is a great place to shop and have a lunch. But, what I say next is really the reason this hotel is so exceptional. The employees there are collectively the nicest, most efficient, most wonderful people I have ever met. They truly have become like family members. You often read of the gracious, friendly Costa Rican people and to experience that for yourself you only need to stay at the Adventure Inn. I visit Costa Rica about three times a year and each visit starts and ends at the Adventure Inn (I take advantage of the weekly room rate). I can’t wait to return and be with my friends once again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple

Good value.
Food was excellent.

White Bear Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

As independent traveler's to Costa Rica, my husband and I had concerns about being taken advantage of, due to literature we read in advance. We are in our 50's-60's. Our arrival was smooth, made easier by the helpful instructions provided by hotel owner, prior to our arrival. We asked a number of questions of the owner, via e-mail, prior to our trip and received prompt and useful information.

We found our hotel room exceptionally adequate for our purposes of being on tour each day and returning to a comfortable room at night. Along with a table, two chairs, tv (with English-speaking channels) we had 2 queen sized beds in our room. It was a first-time pleasant novelty to have a bidet in our bathroom too! We met many travelers from around the world at the on-site restaurant where a sufficient breakfast (American or Costa Rican) was free every morning of our stay. An extra bonus was to not carry a laptop but rather use one of the hotel's 5 computers each day to check e-mail or surf the net. Sometimes we'd simply read a book off the hotel bookshelves, left by other travelers.

We made San Jose our base and took day trips utilizing tour operators suscribed by Adventure Inn. The tour company chosen to provide services for the hotel was a good one and gave us a nice cross-section of the country. The only drawback about making San Jose our base was the mountainous terrain we trekked each day for our tours.

Whether you stay at Adventure Inn for a day, weekend, or the whole of your visit, we recommend it without reservation. What is represented at their website is the experience we enjoyed during our visit.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2009

Stayed here with gf last night of our trip (we were flying 8am next day.(As an aside I will also recommend using Sansa Airlines. At approx. 2:30pm we were in Tambor and by 4pm we were showering in the Adventure Inn. It was $180 for the 2 of us one way, but it saved 5-6 hours of driving on a limted 1 week vacation). The hotel lived up to it's online personna. Very clean and modern. The receptionist (perhaps owner?), spoke fluent english. Rooms were very spacious, had good beds, bathroom, safe box, cable tv. They deducted $10 from our bill for the taxi ride from the airport (and they set us up with a free ride to SJO in the morning in a taxi). Deduct that from the $80 price and it's basically a $60 night. Bar/lounge in the hotel was very nice, although it depressed me heading home to watch Fox News on one channel in the bar and CNN in the other. All Americas in the hotel. If I had to stay in San Jose in business I'd definetly use this place, but I couldn't see any reason to stay in the area. I'll be here again next time I'm flying out of SJO airport, and highly recommend it .

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Adventure Inn? Share your experiences!